Judith A Malmgren
Affiliation: Bastyr University
- Impact of mammography detection on the course of breast cancer in women aged 40-49 yearsJudith A Malmgren
HealthStat Consulting, 12025 Ninth Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98177, USA
Radiology 262:797-806. 2012..To analyze trends in detection method related to breast cancer stage at diagnosis, treatments, and outcomes over time among 40-49-year-old women...
- Breast cancer detection method among 20- to 49-year-old patients at a community based cancer center: 1990-2008Judith Malmgren
HealthSTAT Consulting Inc, 12025 9th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98177, USA
Breast J 18:257-60. 2012..Lower stage and superior survival among MamD patients support mammography for detecting disease in high risk women aged 30-39 years and 40-49 years...
- Increase in mammography detected breast cancer over time at a community based regional cancer center: a longitudinal cohort study 1990-2005Judith A Malmgren
HealthSTAT Consulting Inc, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Cancer 8:131. 2008..Coincident with the advent of mammography screening, breast carcinoma in situ has increased in the US population...
- Impact of triple negative phenotype on breast cancer prognosisHenry G Kaplan
Swedish Cancer Institute at Swedish Medical Center, Swedish Cancer Institute, Seattle, WA, USA
Breast J 14:456-63. 2008..02 to 3.84), 2.32 for TN (95% CI = 1.32 to 4.08), and 4.25 for HR-/Her2+ patients (95% CI = 2.33, 7.75). A hierarchy of BC phenotypes defined by HR and Her2 status exists with progressively worse disease outcomes by category...
- Increased incidence of myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia following breast cancer treatment with radiation alone or combined with chemotherapy: a registry cohort analysis 1990-2005Henry G Kaplan
Swedish Cancer Institute at Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Cancer 11:260. 2011..Our objective was to measure myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) risk associated with radiation and/or chemotherapy breast cancer (BC) treatment...
- T1N0 triple negative breast cancer: risk of recurrence and adjuvant chemotherapyHenry G Kaplan
Swedish Cancer Institute at Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Breast J 15:454-60. 2009..New treatment modalities specific for triple negative disease are urgently needed...
- Disease-specific survival in patient-detected breast cancerHenry G Kaplan
Swedish Cancer Institute at Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:133-40. 2006..Patient-detected breast cancer is not well described, and its association with survival is not known...
- Cesarean delivery after elective induction in nulliparous women: the physician effectDavid A Luthy
Center for Perinatal Studies, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Wash, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1511-5. 2004..The purpose of this study was to assess the contribution of the individual physician to the probability of cesarean delivery among nulliparous women who undergo elective induction...
- Leukemia incidence following primary breast carcinoma treatmentHenry G Kaplan
Swedish Cancer Institute, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, 98104, USA
Cancer 101:1529-36. 2004..In the current study, the authors set out to assess the reported association between breast carcinoma treatment and leukemia risk...
- A randomized multiinstitution comparison of the laparoscopic Nissen and Hill repairsRalph W Aye
Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 94:951-7; discussion 957-8. 2012..This trial was designed to compare the effectiveness of LHR against the gold-standard LNF...
- Ten-year biochemical relapse-free survival after external beam radiation and brachytherapy for localized prostate cancer: the Seattle experienceJohn E Sylvester
Seattle Prostate Institute at Swedish Hospital, Seattle, WA 98155, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:944-52. 2003..The role of external beam radiation therapy in addition to brachytherapy continues to be scrutinized for long term control of PSA levels after prostate cancer diagnosis...
- Positive response to neoadjuvant cyclophosphamide and doxorubicin in topoisomerase II nonamplified/HER2/neu negative/polysomy 17 absent breast cancer patientsHenry G Kaplan
Swedish Cancer Institute at Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer Manag Res 2:213-8. 2010..Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)/neu, topoisomerase II alpha (TOP2A), and polysomy 17 may predict tumor responsiveness to doxorubicin (DOX) therapy...
- Physician contribution to a cesarean delivery risk modelDavid A Luthy
Center for Perinatal Studies and Quality Integration and Improvement, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:1579-85; discussion 1585-7. 2003..The purpose of this study was to assess the contribution of physician management to the probability of cesarean delivery...