- Hypertension and the elderly: more than just blood pressure controlLawrence Baruch
Cardiology Division, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 6:249-55. 2004..Their use should be considered within a comprehensive risk assessment that includes individualized risk-benefit considerations...
- Morbidity, mortality, physiologic and functional parameters in elderly and non-elderly patients in the Valsartan Heart Failure Trial (Val-HeFT)Lawrence Baruch
Bronx VA Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Am Heart J 148:951-7. 2004..As the prevalence of HF morbidity and mortality are increased in the elderly, the effect of valsartan in the elderly is of clinical significance...
- Beta-blockers in heart failure: is more better?Lawrence Baruch
Bronx VA Medical Center, 130 West Kingsbridge Road, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Curr Heart Fail Rep 1:77-81. 2004..Because direct dose comparisons of b-blockers are limited, we draw upon a broader spectrum of clinical trials across the cardiovascular continuum that involved neurohormonal modulators to address the question, "Is more better?"..
- Can patients at elevated risk of stroke treated with anticoagulants be further risk stratified?Lawrence Baruch
Bronx VA Hospital, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Stroke 38:2459-63. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess the predictive value of stroke risk classification schemes and to identify patients with atrial fibrillation who are at substantial risk of stroke despite optimal anticoagulant therapy...
- Ezetimibe 5 and 10 mg for lowering LDL-C: potential billion-dollar savings with improved tolerabilityLawrence Baruch
James J Peters VA Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:637-41. 2008..To compare the clinical efficacy of ezetimibe 5 mg (prescribed as a 10-mg tablet split in half) with a whole 10-mg tablet...
- Effect on serum lipid levels of switching dose of ezetimibe from 10 to 5 mgLawrence Baruch
James J Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:1568-71. 2009..In conclusion, conversion to the lower dose of ezetimibe did not result in any clinically meaningful or statistically significant changes in any lipid parameter...
- Comparison of treatment benefit and outcome in women versus men with chronic heart failure (from the Valsartan Heart Failure Trial)Silja K Majahalme
Tampere University, Tampere, Finland Appleton Heart Institute, Appleton, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:529-32. 2005..Co-morbidities, such as diabetes and coronary artery disease, increased nonfatal cardiac morbidity more in women than in men...
- Quality: the need for intelligent effortsLawrence Baruch
Arch Intern Med 165:1455-6. 2005
- Diastolic dysfunction in heart failure with preserved systolic function: need for objective evidence:results from the CHARM Echocardiographic Substudy-CHARMESHans Persson
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital Department of Cardiology, Stockholm, Sweden
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:687-94. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that diastolic dysfunction (DD) was an important predictor of cardiovascular (CV) death or heart failure (HF) hospitalization in a subset of patients (ejection fraction [EF] >40%) in the CHARM-Preserved study...