Affiliation: Barrow Neurological Institute
- A complex rearrangement of chromosome 7 in human astrocytomaAnjan Misra
Division of Neurology, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 151:162-70. 2004..The characteristic rearrangement suggests a mechanism leading to 7p gain in primary grade IV astrocytomas...
- Clonal mutations in primary human glial tumors: evidence in support of the mutator hypothesisAnjan Misra
Dept of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
BMC Cancer 7:190. 2007..These alterations were identified in tumor tissue, microscopically confirmed to have over 70% neoplastic cells...
- Frequent loss of heterozygosity and altered expression of the candidate tumor suppressor gene 'FAT' in human astrocytic tumorsKunzang Chosdol
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
BMC Cancer 9:5. 2009..This has the advantage that DNA fingerprinting identifies the genetic alterations in a manner not biased for locus...
- Phage displayed antibodies to heat stable alkaline phosphatase: framework region as a determinant of specificityMrinalini Kala
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
J Biochem 132:535-41. 2002..This is also significant considering that the heavy chains generated the diversity of the synthetic library used in this study, and only a single light chain showing binding to BSA was used for the entire library...
- Integrated array-comparative genomic hybridization and expression array profiles identify clinically relevant molecular subtypes of glioblastomaJanice M Nigro
Department of Neurological Surgery Brain Tumor Research Center, University of California, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Res 65:1678-86. 2005....
- Molecular cytogenetic analysis of chromosomes 1 and 19 in glioma cell linesMark E Law
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Laboratory Genetics, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 160:1-14. 2005..33. Cell lines A172 and U87 contain 1p and 19q deletions similar to those found in sporadic gliomas and will be useful cellular reagents for evaluating the function of putative 1p and 19q glioma tumor suppressor genes...
- Molecular subclasses of high-grade glioma predict prognosis, delineate a pattern of disease progression, and resemble stages in neurogenesisHeidi S Phillips
Department of Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Cancer Cell 9:157-73. 2006..A robust two-gene prognostic model utilizing PTEN and DLL3 expression suggests that Akt and Notch signaling are hallmarks of poor prognosis versus better prognosis gliomas, respectively...
- Amplifying small amounts of tumor DNA allows detection of DNA copy number abberations with array-CGHLars Prestegarden
NorLux Neuro Oncology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Biotechniques 44:Piii-Pvi. 2008..Here we report a simple, highly sensitive and reliable aCGH method to analyze samples of no more than 1 ng genomic DNA. The speed and simplicity of the technique are ideal for studies on small clinical samples such as needle biopsies...
- Functional inactivation of the KLF6 tumor suppressor gene by loss of heterozygosity and increased alternative splicing in glioblastomaOlga Camacho-Vanegas
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Int J Cancer 121:1390-5. 2007....
- A genetic strategy to overcome the senescence of primary meningioma cell culturesGilson S Baia
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Neurooncol 78:113-21. 2006..Thus, these cell lines represent novel cellular reagents for investigating the molecular oncogenesis of meningiomas...
- Chromosomal imbalances detected by array comparative genomic hybridization in human oligodendrogliomas and mixed oligoastrocytomasGaspar Kitange
Division of Laboratory Genetics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 42:68-77. 2005..In addition, our findings support the hypotheses that oligodendroglioma can be classified into several groups by CGHa analysis and that specific alterations in genetic dosage may have biologic or clinical significance...
- Array comparative genomic hybridization identifies genetic subgroups in grade 4 human astrocytomaAnjan Misra
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurosurgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:2907-18. 2005..The significance of these genetic groups to therapeutics needs further study...
- Chromosome transfer experiments link regions on chromosome 7 to radiation resistance in human glioblastoma multiformeAnjan Misra
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurosurgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0808, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:20-30. 2006..We identified three candidate regions on chromosome 7 that conferred radiation resistance in our model system...