Affiliation: Barrow Neurological Institute
- Epilepsy surgery outcome among US veteransRama Maganti
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin, 53792, Madison, WI, USA
Epilepsy Behav 4:723-8. 2003..48, p=0.01). Outcomes among veterans that underwent ATL can be satisfactory even in the context of the late mean age of epilepsy onset and the psychiatric diagnoses that were present in this sample...
- Excessive daytime sleepiness and sleep complaints among children with epilepsyRama Maganti
Department of Neurology, Barrows Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Epilepsy Behav 8:272-7. 2006..Excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) and sleep complaints are common among adults with epilepsy. We hypothesized that children with epilepsy have worse daytime sleepiness compared with controls...
- Nonconvulsive status epilepticusRama Maganti
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Epilepsy Behav 12:572-86. 2008..Overall, further work is needed to better define NCSE, to determine which EEG patterns represent NCSE, and to establish treatment paradigms for different subtypes of NCSE...
- Cephalosporin-induced neurotoxicity: clinical manifestations, potential pathogenic mechanisms, and the role of electroencephalographic monitoringMarie Francisca Grill
Department of Neurology, Barrow Neurological Institute St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1843-50. 2008..To review the clinical manifestations of cephalosporin-induced neurotoxicity, underlying potential mechanisms, role of electroencephalographic (EEG) monitoring, and management of neurotoxicity...
- Cross section of stat (emergent) EEG use. Who orders them? What do we find? What indications best predict finding seizures?Mohamed S Teleb
Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital, Neurology Department, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Neurodiagn J 52:281-90. 2012..The best clinical predictors of finding SE or discrete seizures were overt continuous seizures/movements or witnessed seizure without return to baseline...
- Seizure outcome and complications following hypothalamic hamartoma treatment in adults: endoscopic, open, and Gamma Knife proceduresCornelia Drees
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Neurosurg 117:255-61. 2012..This study aimed at identifying outcomes with respect to seizures, morbidity, and mortality in adult patients undergoing resective or Gamma Knife surgery (GKS) to treat intractable epilepsy associated with hypothalamic hamartoma (HH)...
- Modifications to the subtemporal selective amygdalohippocampectomy using a minimal-access technique: seizure and neuropsychological outcomesAndrew S Little
Division of Neurological Surgery St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
J Neurosurg 111:1263-74. 2009..The authors introduce a minimal-access subtemporal approach for selective resection of the amygdala and hippocampus in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy and describe seizure and neuropsychological outcomes...
- Electrical stimulation of the anterior nucleus of thalamus for treatment of refractory epilepsyRobert Fisher
Department of Neurology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5235, USA
Epilepsia 51:899-908. 2010..We report a multicenter, double-blind, randomized trial of bilateral stimulation of the anterior nuclei of the thalamus for localization-related epilepsy...
- Practice parameters for the treatment of narcolepsy and other hypersomnias of central originTimothy I Morgenthaler
Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN, USA
Sleep 30:1705-11. 2007....
- Nonconvulsive status epilepticus due to cefepime in a patient with normal renal functionRama Maganti
Marshfield Clinic Wausau Center, Wausau, WI, USA
Epilepsy Behav 8:312-4. 2006..It should be recognized that cefepime therapy can cause NCSE even in the presence of normal renal function. Measurement of serum concentrations and changes in dosing guidelines can probably prevent NCSE during cefepime therapy...
- Sleep architecture in children with idiopathic generalized epilepsyRama Maganti
Marshfield Clinic Neurology, Wausau, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Epilepsia 46:104-9. 2005..However, the relation between sleep disturbances and the observed behavioral and attentional abnormalities is poorly defined...