Affiliation: Ball State University
- Chest radiograph evaluation and interpretationDebra Siela
Ball State University School of Nursing, Ball Memorial Hospital, 2000 University Ave, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
AACN Adv Crit Care 19:444-73; quiz 474-5. 2008....
- Advanced chest imaging interpretation of acute pulmonary disordersDebra Siela
Debra Siela is Associate Professor of Nursing, Ball State University, 2000 W University Ave, Muncie, IN 47306
AACN Adv Crit Care 25:365-74. 2014..Several chest images are included for review. ..
- Use of self-efficacy and dyspnea perceptions to predict functional performance in people with COPDDebra Siela
School of Nursing, Ball Memorial Hospital, 3935 E Elm Grove Road, Bluffton, Municie, IN 46714, USA
Rehabil Nurs 28:197-204. 2003....
- The shortage of nurses and nursing faculty: what critical care nurses can doDebra Siela
Ball State University School of Nursing, 2000 University Ave, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
AACN Adv Crit Care 19:66-77. 2008..A close examination of the demographics of the 3 million nurses provides a context for an in-depth discussion of strategies that critical care nurses can employ to help alleviate the nursing and nurse faculty shortages...
- Pulmonary aspects of obesity in critical careDebra Siela
Ball State University, School of Nursing, 2000 University Avenue, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 21:301-10, v. 2009..Lastly, one should be aware of medical and nursing intervention options that treat symptoms or pulmonary problems of obesity. This article summarizes pulmonary issues related to obesity in critical care...
- Subjective perceptions and physiological variables during weaning from mechanical ventilationRenee Twibell
School of Nursing, Ball State University, Critical Care Division, Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Ind, USA
Am J Crit Care 12:101-12. 2003..Research has not yet yielded a consensus on physiological variables that are consistent correlates of weaning outcomes. Subjective perceptions rarely have been examined for their contribution to successful weaning...
- Using chest radiography in the intensive care unitDebra Siela
Ball State University School of Nursing, Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Ind, USA
Crit Care Nurse 22:18-27; quiz 28-9. 2002
- Nurses' perceptions of their self-confidence and the benefits and risks of family presence during resuscitationRenee Samples Twibell
School of Nursing, Ball State University, Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, IN 43704, USA
Am J Crit Care 17:101-11; quiz 112. 2008..Knowledge development about such family presence is constrained by the lack of reliable and valid instruments to measure key variables...