Affiliation: Ball State University
- Headache symptoms and indoor environmental parameters: Results from the EPA BASE studyGretchen E Tietjen
Department of Neurology, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH, USA
Ann Indian Acad Neurol 15:S95-9. 2012..Also, we explored the association of headache symptoms with indoor environmental parameters of the work place...
- Providing assistance to the victims of adolescent dating violence: a national assessment of school nurses' practicesJagdish Khubchandani
Department of Physiology and Health Science, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
J Sch Health 83:127-36. 2013..This study assessed the perceptions and practices of school nurses regarding adolescent dating violence (ADV)...
- Adolescent dating violence: a national assessment of school counselors' perceptions and practicesJagdish Khubchandani
Department of Physiology and Health Science and Global Health Institute, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
Pediatrics 130:202-10. 2012..However, little is known about school personnel's practices and perceptions regarding ADV. This study assessed high school counselors' knowledge, training, perceptions, and practices on dealing with ADV incidents...
- Graduate psychiatric nurse's training on firearm injury preventionJagdish Khubchandani
Department of Physiology and Health Sciences, Ball State University, Muncie, IN, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 25:245-52. 2011..Leadership is needed by the APNA to help reduce firearm violence in the mentally ill...
- Student perceptions and practices regarding carrying concealed handguns on university campusesAmy Thompson
Department of Health Professions, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
J Am Coll Health 61:243-53. 2013..This multisite study assessed college student's perceptions and practices regarding carrying concealed handguns on campus...
- Perceived roles of Emergency Department physicians regarding anticipatory guidance on firearm safetyJames H Price
Department of Health Education, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, USA
J Emerg Med 44:1007-16. 2013..Several professional medical societies advocate for firearm safety counseling with patients. Little is known about Emergency Physicians' practices and perceptions of firearm safety counseling...
- Firearm anticipatory guidance training in psychiatric residency programsJames H Price
University of Toledo, Department of Health and Recreation Professions, 2801 W Bancroft, Mailstop 119, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Acad Psychiatry 34:417-23. 2010..This study assessed the prevalence of firearm injury prevention training in psychiatric residency programs...
- Physician assistants training on firearm injury preventionAmy Thompson
Department of Health Education and Rehabilitative Services, University of Toledo, Toledo, USA
Patient Educ Couns 86:348-53. 2012..Also, content of such programs as well as perceived benefits and barriers of providing such training were explored...
- Survey return rates for multiple-authored versus single-authored covering lettersJames H Price
Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
Psychol Rep 107:209-12. 2010..199 surveys were returned (53.5%) in which the covering letter had three researchers, and 218 when the covering letter had one researcher (58.7%), not a significantly different distribution...
- Sheriffs perceptions of firearm control policesAmy Thompson
Department of Health and Recreation Professions, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Community Health 36:715-20. 2011..Thus, sheriffs may be less helpful than police chiefs as colleagues for public health campaigns to reduce firearm trauma...
- Reducing firearm-related violence on college campuses-police chiefs' perceptions and practicesAmy Thompson
Department of Health and Rehabilitation Services, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, USA
J Am Coll Health 58:247-54. 2009..With recent efforts by various gun lobbying groups to have firearms more accessible to college students on campuses, there is the potential for more firearm-related morbidity and mortality...
- College students' perceptions and experiences with health insuranceJames H Price
College of Medicine, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:1222-30. 2010..This is the first study to examine differences based on demographic characteristics of undergraduate college students' coverage and perceptions of health insurance...
- Do respiratory therapists receive training and education in smoking cessation? A national study of post-secondary training programsTimothy R Jordan
Department of Health and Recreation Professions, College of Health Science and Human Service, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Patient Educ Couns 85:99-105. 2011..To assess the tobacco-related education provided by post-secondary respiratory therapy training programs in the United States...
- Psychiatric residency directors' perceptions of firearm access by the mentally ill in the United StatesJames H Price
Professor Emeritus of Public Health, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, 43606, USA
J Community Health 39:322-6. 2014..The current method of reducing access by the mentally ill to firearms is perceived by psychiatric residency directors as ineffective and burdensome to the mentally ill...
- Firearm injury prevention training in Preventive Medicine Residency programsJagdish Khubchandani
College of Health Science and Human Services, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606 3390, USA
J Community Health 34:295-300. 2009..The Association for Prevention Teaching and Research needs to develop guidelines on specific curriculum topics regarding firearm injury prevention...
- Adverse childhood experiences are associated with migraine and vascular biomarkersGretchen E Tietjen
Department of Neurology, University of Toledo, 3000 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Headache 52:920-9. 2012..Our objective is to evaluate the relationship between adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), migraine, and vascular biomarker levels in premenopausal women...
- Racial/ethnic disparities in chronic diseases of youths and access to health care in the United StatesJames H Price
Health Education and Public Health, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Biomed Res Int 2013:787616. 2013..Finally, this review examines access to health services by focusing on health insurance and dental insurance coverage and access to school health services. ..
- Platelet dysfunction and stroke in the female migraineurGretchen E Tietjen
Department of Neurology, The University of Toledo, 3000 Arlington Avenue, MS 1195, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 13:386-91. 2009..Identifying those migraineurs at highest risk of developing endothelial dysfunction and platelet disorders may allow for preventive strategies to avoid the cerebral consequences...
- Development of an attribution of racial/ethnic health disparities scaleJames H Price
Department of Health and Recreation Professions, University of Toledo, 2801 W Bancroft, Toledo, OH, 43606, USA
J Community Health 39:792-9. 2014..90). Test-retest stability reliabilities were: individual responsibility (r = 0.72) and social determinants (r = 0.69). The AREHD subscales are satisfactory for assessing college student's AREHD. ..