Affiliation: Ball State University
- Overweight status in Indian children: prevalence and psychosocial correlatesNicolle Fernandes
Department of Physiology and Health Science, Ball State University, Indiana Dietetic Technician Program, LaGuardia Community College, New York and Department of Education, Health Services Program, University of Southern Indiana, Indiana USA Correspondence to Dr Jagdish Khubchandani, Department of Physiology and Health Science, Ball State University, Indiana, USA
Indian Pediatr 52:131-4. 2015..To examine the association between overweight status and psycho-social risk factors in Indian children...
- Headache symptoms and indoor environmental parameters: Results from the EPA BASE studyGretchen E Tietjen
Department of Neurology, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH, USA
Ann Indian Acad Neurol 15:S95-9. 2012..Also, we explored the association of headache symptoms with indoor environmental parameters of the work place...
- Providing assistance to the victims of adolescent dating violence: a national assessment of school nurses' practicesJagdish Khubchandani
Department of Physiology and Health Science, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
J Sch Health 83:127-36. 2013..This study assessed the perceptions and practices of school nurses regarding adolescent dating violence (ADV)...
- Adolescent dating violence: a national assessment of school counselors' perceptions and practicesJagdish Khubchandani
Department of Physiology and Health Science and Global Health Institute, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
Pediatrics 130:202-10. 2012..However, little is known about school personnel's practices and perceptions regarding ADV. This study assessed high school counselors' knowledge, training, perceptions, and practices on dealing with ADV incidents...
- Graduate psychiatric nurse's training on firearm injury preventionJagdish Khubchandani
Department of Physiology and Health Sciences, Ball State University, Muncie, IN, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 25:245-52. 2011..Leadership is needed by the APNA to help reduce firearm violence in the mentally ill...
- Student perceptions and practices regarding carrying concealed handguns on university campusesAmy Thompson
Department of Health Professions, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
J Am Coll Health 61:243-53. 2013..This multisite study assessed college student's perceptions and practices regarding carrying concealed handguns on campus...
- Perceived roles of Emergency Department physicians regarding anticipatory guidance on firearm safetyJames H Price
Department of Health Education, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, USA
J Emerg Med 44:1007-16. 2013..Several professional medical societies advocate for firearm safety counseling with patients. Little is known about Emergency Physicians' practices and perceptions of firearm safety counseling...
- Firearm anticipatory guidance training in psychiatric residency programsJames H Price
University of Toledo, Department of Health and Recreation Professions, 2801 W Bancroft, Mailstop 119, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Acad Psychiatry 34:417-23. 2010..This study assessed the prevalence of firearm injury prevention training in psychiatric residency programs...
- Physician assistants training on firearm injury preventionAmy Thompson
Department of Health Education and Rehabilitative Services, University of Toledo, Toledo, USA
Patient Educ Couns 86:348-53. 2012..Also, content of such programs as well as perceived benefits and barriers of providing such training were explored...
- Survey return rates for multiple-authored versus single-authored covering lettersJames H Price
Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
Psychol Rep 107:209-12. 2010..199 surveys were returned (53.5%) in which the covering letter had three researchers, and 218 when the covering letter had one researcher (58.7%), not a significantly different distribution...
- Sheriffs perceptions of firearm control policesAmy Thompson
Department of Health and Recreation Professions, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Community Health 36:715-20. 2011..Thus, sheriffs may be less helpful than police chiefs as colleagues for public health campaigns to reduce firearm trauma...
- Reducing firearm-related violence on college campuses-police chiefs' perceptions and practicesAmy Thompson
Department of Health and Rehabilitation Services, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, USA
J Am Coll Health 58:247-54. 2009..With recent efforts by various gun lobbying groups to have firearms more accessible to college students on campuses, there is the potential for more firearm-related morbidity and mortality...
- College students' perceptions and experiences with health insuranceJames H Price
College of Medicine, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:1222-30. 2010..This is the first study to examine differences based on demographic characteristics of undergraduate college students' coverage and perceptions of health insurance...
- Do respiratory therapists receive training and education in smoking cessation? A national study of post-secondary training programsTimothy R Jordan
Department of Health and Recreation Professions, College of Health Science and Human Service, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Patient Educ Couns 85:99-105. 2011..To assess the tobacco-related education provided by post-secondary respiratory therapy training programs in the United States...
- Psychiatric residency directors' perceptions of firearm access by the mentally ill in the United StatesJames H Price
Professor Emeritus of Public Health, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, 43606, USA
J Community Health 39:322-6. 2014..The current method of reducing access by the mentally ill to firearms is perceived by psychiatric residency directors as ineffective and burdensome to the mentally ill...
- Vision impaired or professionally blind: health education research and firearm violenceJames H Price
University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, USA
Health Promot Pract 16:316-9. 2015..Finally, we encourage health educators to become involved in firearm violence research and health education-related journal leaders to become more proactive in soliciting manuscripts that address firearm violence-related issues. ..
- Firearm injury prevention training in Preventive Medicine Residency programsJagdish Khubchandani
College of Health Science and Human Services, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606 3390, USA
J Community Health 34:295-300. 2009..The Association for Prevention Teaching and Research needs to develop guidelines on specific curriculum topics regarding firearm injury prevention...
- Vascular biomarkers in migraineGretchen E Tietjen
University of Toledo, OH, USA
Cephalalgia 35:95-117. 2015..We present a systematic review of the literature on vascular biomarkers in migraine, including those suggesting endothelial activation and damage...
- Adverse childhood experiences are associated with migraine and vascular biomarkersGretchen E Tietjen
Department of Neurology, University of Toledo, 3000 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Headache 52:920-9. 2012..Our objective is to evaluate the relationship between adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), migraine, and vascular biomarker levels in premenopausal women...
- Racial/ethnic disparities in chronic diseases of youths and access to health care in the United StatesJames H Price
Health Education and Public Health, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Biomed Res Int 2013:787616. 2013..Finally, this review examines access to health services by focusing on health insurance and dental insurance coverage and access to school health services. ..
- Platelet dysfunction and stroke in the female migraineurGretchen E Tietjen
Department of Neurology, The University of Toledo, 3000 Arlington Avenue, MS 1195, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 13:386-91. 2009..Identifying those migraineurs at highest risk of developing endothelial dysfunction and platelet disorders may allow for preventive strategies to avoid the cerebral consequences...
- Development of an attribution of racial/ethnic health disparities scaleJames H Price
Department of Health and Recreation Professions, University of Toledo, 2801 W Bancroft, Toledo, OH, 43606, USA
J Community Health 39:792-9. 2014..87) and social determinants (alpha = 0.90). Test-retest stability reliabilities were: individual responsibility (r = 0.72) and social determinants (r = 0.69). The AREHD subscales are satisfactory for assessing college student's AREHD...