Tarik M Elsheikh
Affiliation: Ball Memorial Hospital
- The significance of "low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion, cannot exclude high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion" as a distinct squamous abnormality category in Papanicolaou testsTarik M Elsheikh
PA Labs, Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana, USA
Cancer 108:277-81. 2006..There may be a tendency for cytologists to lump these changes with either LSIL or HSIL, depending on their level of comfort. In their laboratory, the authors have referred to these changes as "LSIL, cannot exclude HSIL" (LSIL-H)...
- Does the new automated "HALO" nipple aspiration fluid system really deliver as promised? The answer is "No, but...": A literature review of the role of breast fluid cytology in cancer risk assessmentTarik M Elsheikh
Ball Memorial Hospital, PA Labs, Muncie, Indiana, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 37:699-704. 2009..In this discussion, I examine the pros and cons of this new NAF system, including literature review of breast fluid cytology, and how it relates to breast cancer risk assessment...
- Follow-up surgical excision is indicated when breast core needle biopsies show atypical lobular hyperplasia or lobular carcinoma in situ: a correlative study of 33 patients with review of the literatureTarik M Elsheikh
Pathologists Associated Ball Memorial Hospital Muncie, IN 47303, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:534-43. 2005..Our data strongly suggests that subsequent FSE is warranted in all patients with CNB diagnoses of LCIS or ALH, to exclude the presence of cancer...
- Comparison of ThinPrep and cytospin preparations in the evaluation of exfoliative cytology specimensTarik M Elsheikh
Pathologists Associated, Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana 47303, USA
Cancer 108:144-9. 2006..There exists limited literature comparing ThinPrep (TP) with conventional cytospins (CS) in nongynecologic specimens...
- Does the time of day or weekday affect screening accuracy? A pilot correlation study with cytotechnologist workload and abnormal rate detection using the ThinPrep Imaging SystemTarik M Elsheikh
Department of Pathology, Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana 47303 3499, USA
Cancer Cytopathol 118:41-6. 2010..Workload is extensively regulated in gynecologic cytology. However, sensitive monitors of excessive workload are not available...
- Increasing cytotechnologist workload above 100 slides per day using the ThinPrep imaging system leads to significant reductions in screening accuracyTarik M Elsheikh
Department of Pathology, Ball Memorial Hospital, PA Labs, 2401 University Avenue, Muncie, IN 43703, USA
Cancer Cytopathol 118:75-82. 2010..To the best of the authors' knowledge, longitudinal studies examining the effect of increasing workload on the performance of individual CTs have not been performed previously...
- Sensitive cytologic criteria for the identification of follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma in fine-needle aspiration biopsyHoward Her Juing Wu
Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana 47303, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 29:262-6. 2003..Logistic regression analysis revealed colloid to be the only positive predictor in favor of FVPTC over classic PTC...
- Endometrial brush biopsy. An accurate outpatient method of detecting endometrial malignancyHoward Her Juing Wu
Department of Pathology, Ball Memorial Hospital, and Pathologists Associated Medical Laboratory, Muncie, Indiana, USA
J Reprod Med 48:41-5. 2003..To describe 633 cases using the Tao Brush for endometrial biopsy (EBB) in an outpatient setting...
- Reflex high-risk human papilloma virus DNA test is useful in the triage of women with atypical squamous cells cannot exclude high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesionHoward Her Juing Wu
Department of Pathology, Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana 47303, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 34:707-10. 2006....
- Interobserver and intraobserver variation among experts in the diagnosis of thyroid follicular lesions with borderline nuclear features of papillary carcinomaTarik M Elsheikh
PA Labs Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, IN 47303, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 130:736-44. 2008..This considerable interobserver and intraobserver variability in the diagnosis of FVPC seems to result from lack of agreement on the minimal criteria needed to diagnose FVPC, even among experts...
- Dermoid cyst (mature cystic teratoma) of the cecum. Histologic and cytologic features with review of the literatureMaurice Joseph Schuetz
Department of Pathology, Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, IN 47303, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:97-9. 2002..Clinical and pathologic features with review of the literature are presented, and the differential diagnosis for pericolic cystic masses is discussed in detail...
- Wider excision following core biopsies of lobular neoplasiaTarik M Elsheikh
Breast J 13:631-2, author response 633. 2007
- Validation of commonly used immunostains on cell-transferred cytologic specimensTarik M Elsheikh
Cancer 108:135-6; author reply 136. 2006
- Review of the state of the art and recommendations of the Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology for urinary cytology procedures and reporting : the Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology Practice Guidelines Task ForceLester J Layfield
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 30:24-30. 2004
- Techniques for thyroid FNA: a synopsis of the National Cancer Institute Thyroid Fine-Needle Aspiration State of the Science ConferenceMartha Bishop Pitman
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 36:407-24. 2008..http://thyroidfna.cancer.gov/pages/info/agenda/)..