Lisa I Backus
- The Immunology Case RegistryL Backus
Center for Quality Management in Public Health, 3801 Miranda Avenue 132, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 54:S12-5. 2001..As local data capture improves, the ICR will prove to be an invaluable resource for assessing the quality of HIV care in the VA system and patient outcomes from that care...
- Specialists' and primary care physicians' participation in medicaid managed careL Backus
Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:815-21. 2001..To compare specialist and primary care physician participation in California's Medicaid fee-for-service and managed care programs...
- Effects of hepatitis C virus coinfection on survival in veterans with HIV treated with highly active antiretroviral therapyLisa I Backus
Center for Quality Management in Public Health, Veterans Health Administration, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 39:613-9. 2005..Several studies have investigated the effect of coinfection on mortality, with conflicting results...
- Assessment and utilization of rapid virologic response in US veterans with chronic hepatitis C: evaluating provider adherence to practice guidelinesElizabeth W Hwang
Population Health Program Office of Public Health, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 47:264-70. 2013..As representative of overall provider adherence to practice guidelines, provider adherence to specific recommendations regarding rapid virologic response (RVR) was assessed...
- Early virologic responses and hematologic safety of direct-acting antiviral therapies in veterans with chronic hepatitis CPamela S Belperio
Population Health Program Office of Public Health, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:1021-7. 2013..We aimed to evaluate real-world experience with DAA-based regimens...
- National quality forum performance measures for HIV/AIDS care: the Department of Veterans Affairs' experienceLisa I Backus
Center for Quality Management in Public Health, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:1239-46. 2010..We assessed performance using available electronic data for the large, diverse population with HIV in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and evaluated the influence of patient and resource factors...
- Clinical Case Registries: simultaneous local and national disease registries for population quality managementLisa I Backus
Center for Quality Management in Public Health, Palo Alto HCS, 3801 Miranda Avenue 132, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 16:775-83. 2009..Local and national reports covering demographics, resource usage, quality of care metrics and medication safety issues have been generated...
- Postmarketing use of enfuvirtide in veterans: provider compliance with criteria for use, overall efficacy, and tolerabilityPamela S Belperio
Center for Quality Management in Public Health, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1573-80. 2008..Because of its uniqueness, the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) implemented specific enfuvirtide prescribing and follow-up criteria (criteria for use; CFU) and then assessed providers' compliance with these criteria and outcomes...
- Predictors of response of US veterans to treatment for the hepatitis C virusLisa I Backus
Center for Quality Management in Public Health, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, USA
Hepatology 46:37-47. 2007..For genotype 3 patients, only receiving PEG-INF 2A affected the likelihood of an SVR; its effect was positive...
- A sustained virologic response reduces risk of all-cause mortality in patients with hepatitis CLisa I Backus
Center for Quality Management in Public Health, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, California, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 9:509-516.e1. 2011..The impact of SVR on all-cause mortality is not well documented by HCV genotype or in populations in routine medical practice with substantial comorbidities...
- Impact of race/ethnicity and gender on HCV screening and prevalence among U.S. veterans in Department of Veterans Affairs CareLisa I Backus
Lisa I Backus, Pamela S Belperio, Timothy P Loomis, and Larry A Mole are with the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Public Health Population Health, Washington, DC Lisa Backus is also with the Department of Medicine, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA Pamela S Belperio is also with the Department of Pharmacy, VA Greater Los Angeles Health Care System, Los Angeles, CA
Am J Public Health 104:S555-61. 2014..We assessed HCV screening and prevalence among veterans and estimated the potential impact of complete birth cohort screening, accounting for the disparate HCV disease burden by race/ethnicity and gender...
- HIV, hepatitis C and HIV/hepatitis C virus co-infection in vulnerable populationsLisa I Backus
Center for Quality Management in Public Health, US Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto, CA, USA
AIDS 19:S13-9. 2005....
- Impact of provider type on hepatitis C outcomes with boceprevir-based and telaprevir-based regimensLisa I Backus
Office of Public Health Population Health Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA
J Clin Gastroenterol 49:329-35. 2015..To examine the effect of provider type on outcomes and safety in a large hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected cohort treated in routine medical practice...
- A population approach to disease management: hepatitis C direct-acting antiviral use in a large health care systemPamela S Belperio
Department of Veterans Affairs, 3801 Miranda Ave 132, Palo Alto, CA 94304
J Manag Care Spec Pharm 20:533-40. 2014..Comparative safety and effectiveness data in real-world populations upon which to make formulary decisions did not exist...
- Provider prescribing of 4 antiretroviral agents after implementation of drug use guidelines in the Department of Veterans AffairsPamela S Belperio
Center for Quality Management in Public Health, Department of Veterans Affairs, 3801 Miranda Ave M C 132, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 15:323-34. 2009..These criteria are disseminated to all VHA facilities...
- Retention in care: a challenge to survival with HIV infectionThomas P Giordano
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:1493-9. 2007..Patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection need lifelong medical care, but many do not remain in care. The effect of poor retention in care on survival is not known, and we sought to quantify that relationship...