Darrell G Kirch
Affiliation: Association of American Medical Colleges
- Confronting the complexity of the physician workforce equationDarrell G Kirch
Association of American Medical Colleges, 2450 N St NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
JAMA 299:2680-2. 2008
- The physician workforce challenge: response of the academic communityDarrell G Kirch
Association of American Medical Colleges, Washington, DC 20037 1126, USA
Ann Surg 246:535-40. 2007
- Conflict-of-interest management: efforts and insights from the Association of American Medical CollegesDarrell G Kirch
President and CEO, Association of American Medical Colleges, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 74:S23-5; discussion S32-7. 2007..Developing effective and accepted policies to manage potential conflicts involving the funding of education remains a major challenge...
- Have first-time medical school deans been serving longer than we thought? A 50-year analysisJoseph A Keyes
Association of American Medical Colleges, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Acad Med 85:1845-9. 2010..To describe the lengths of service of deans at accredited U.S. MD-granting medical schools from academic years 1959 to 2008 and to determine whether the median length of service of deans changed over time...
- Changing the face of medicineDarrell G Kirch
MedGenMed 9:1. 2007
- The humanities interface of nursing and medicineCheryl Dellasega
Humanities and Women s Studies, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center and The Pennsylvania State University, USA
J Prof Nurs 23:174-9. 2007....
- Faculty and staff teams: a tool for unifying the academic health center and improving mission performanceR Kevin Grigsby
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Acad Med 81:688-95. 2006..The authors argue that the breadth of scope and comprehensiveness of the teams approach represents an effective model for implementing AHC-wide transformational change...
- Financial and organizational turmoil in the academic health center: is it a crisis or an opportunity for medical education?Darrell G Kirch
Milton S Hershey Medical Center, PA 17033, USA
Acad Psychiatry 30:5-8. 2006
- Reinventing the academic health centerDarrell G Kirch
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine and Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, H162, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Acad Med 80:980-9. 2005..Organizational transformation as a result of the nine factors is possible in other institutional settings and can facilitate a focus on crucial quality initiatives...
- From Marcus Welby to Grey's anatomy: the next generationDarrell G Kirch
MedGenMed 9:15. 2007
- Qualities of the medical school dean: insights from the literatureEugene C Rich
Department of Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Acad Med 83:483-7. 2008..To review the literature and resources for professional development of medical school executives in order to identify the characteristics proposed as relevant to medical school deanship...
- The importance of anatomy in health professions education and the shortage of qualified educatorsRobert S McCuskey
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, College of Medicine, P O Box 245044, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5044, USA
Acad Med 80:349-51. 2005....
- The future-oriented department chairR Kevin Grigsby
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine and Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, 17033, USA
Acad Med 79:571-7. 2004..Once department chairs are in place, ongoing development through leadership training, mentoring, and other investments help to retain and sustain them...