- Predictors of recurrence in veteran patients with umbilical hernia: single center experienceMassimo Asolati
Surgical Service, Dallas VA Medical Center, VA North Texas Health Care System, 4500 S Lancaster Rd, Surgical Service, MC 112, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Am J Surg 192:627-30. 2006..Possible predictors of recurrence after elective umbilical hernia repair have not been defined clearly. The aim of this study was to determine factors that predict recurrence in patients after elective repair of umbilical hernias...
- Outcomes of laparoscopic and open colectomy at academic centersJ Esteban Varela
Minimally Invasive Surgery, Surgical Service, Veterans Affairs North Texas Health Care System, Dallas, TX, USA
Am J Surg 196:403-6. 2008..Laparoscopic techniques have emerged as a suitable approach for colon resection. This study determined and compared the outcomes of patients undergoing laparoscopic or open colectomy at United States academic centers...
- Transmetatarsal amputation: assessment of current selection criteriaThomas Anthony
Section of General Surgery, Surgical Service, VA North Texas Health Care System, 4500 S Lancaster Rd, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Am J Surg 192:e8-11. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess the validity of these selection criteria...
- Surgical site infections after colorectal surgery: do risk factors vary depending on the type of infection considered?Jennifer Blumetti
Department of Surgery, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Surgery 142:704-11. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare risk factors for the development of incisional versus organ/space infections in patients undergoing colorectal surgery...
- Preoperative weight loss decreases the operative time of gastric bypass at a Veterans Administration hospitalSergio Huerta
Department of Surgery, Dallas VA Medical Center, 4500 Lancaster Road, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Obes Surg 18:508-12. 2008..This study assessed whether preoperative weight loss resulted in favorable outcomes after open Roux-en Y gastric bypass (RYGB)...
- A comparison of complications associated with colostomy reversal versus ileostomy reversalChristopher Bell
Surgical Service, Dallas VA Medical Center, MC 112, 4500 Lancaster Road, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Am J Surg 190:717-20. 2005..047). CONCLUSION: Segmental colonic excision with anastomosis and loop ileostomy may be an attractive alternative to minimize morbidity with stoma reversal...