S M Arpadi
- Body composition in prepubertal children with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infectionS M Arpadi
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons and School of Public Health, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY 10025, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 152:688-93. 1998..To characterize the body composition of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected children, especially those with growth failure (GF), using laboratory-based methods...
- Lipodystrophy in HIV-infected children is associated with high viral load and low CD4+ -lymphocyte count and CD4+ -lymphocyte percentage at baseline and use of protease inhibitors and stavudineS M Arpadi
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York City, New York, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 27:30-4. 2001..Studies to determine whether HIV-infected children with changes in regional fat also experience increases in "atherogenic" lipids and insulin resistance as described in adults with HIV-associated LD are warranted...
- Bone mineral content is lower in prepubertal HIV-infected childrenStephen M Arpadi
Comprehensive Care Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, 1111 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10025, U S A
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:450-4. 2002..TBBMC is decreased in HIV-infected children. As a result of compromised bone mineral accrual, HIV-infected children may be at increased risk for osteoporosis and related complications...
- Bioelectrical impedance analysis models for prediction of total body water and fat-free mass in healthy and HIV-infected children and adolescentsMary Horlick
Children s Hospital of New York, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 76:991-9. 2002..Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) is an attractive method of measuring pediatric body composition in the field, but the applicability of existing equations to diverse populations has been questioned...
- Editorial comment: wanted--noninvasive interventions for lipodystrophy in HIV-infected childrenEllen S Engelson
AIDS Read 17:456-7. 2007