Affiliation: Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
- Focal myositis: a clinicopathologic study of 115 cases of an intramuscular mass-like reactive processAaron Auerbach
Department of Hematopathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1016-24. 2009..We wanted to discuss the detailed morphologic and immunophenotypic features of the largest reported group of focal myositis patients...
- Reappraisal of mesenchymal chondrosarcoma: novel morphologic observations of the hyaline cartilage and endochondral ossification and beta-catenin, Sox9, and osteocalcin immunostaining of 22 casesJulie C Fanburg-Smith
Department of Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Hum Pathol 41:653-62. 2010....
- Sporadic cutaneous angiosarcomas generally lack hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha: a histologic and immunohistochemical study of 45 casesMalak Abedalthagafi
Department of Pathology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 14:15-22. 2010..Cutaneous angiosarcoma generally lacks HIF-1alpha expression. Accordingly, the hypoxic response pathway is not thought to be a documentable common mechanism of angiogenesis in this entity...
- Soft tissue Rosai-Dorfman disease: 29 new lesions in 18 patients, with detection of polyomavirus antigen in 3 abdominal casesWael Al-Daraji
Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Pathology Department, AFIP, Washington, DC 20306, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 14:309-16. 2010..The relationship of polyomavirus to the evolution of abdominal STRDD should be further explored...
- Orbital solitary fibrous tumor: encompassing terminology for hemangiopericytoma, giant cell angiofibroma, and fibrous histiocytoma of the orbit: reappraisal of 41 casesEmiko Furusato
Department of Neuropathology and Ophthalmic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Hum Pathol 42:120-8. 2011....
- Immunoprofile of mesenchymal chondrosarcoma: aberrant desmin and EMA expression, retention of INI1, and negative estrogen receptor in 22 female-predominant central nervous system and musculoskeletal casesJulie C Fanburg-Smith
Department of Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 14:8-14. 2010..Retained INI1 separates these tumors from atypical teratoid tumor. Despite marked female predominance in our series, estrogen receptor is negative in mesenchymal chondrosarcoma...