Affiliation: Arizona State University
- Elevated plasma homocysteine and low vitamin B-6 status in nonsupplementing older women with rheumatoid arthritisKathleen Woolf
Arizona State University Department of Nutrition, 6950 E Williams Field Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:443-53; discussion 454. 2008..Elevated plasma homocysteine, a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, may help explain why individuals with rheumatoid arthritis have an increased risk of cardiovascular disease...
- Physical activity is associated with risk factors for chronic disease across adult women's life cycleKathleen Woolf
Department of Nutrition, Arizona State University, 6950 E Williams Field Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:948-59. 2008....
- Effect of caffeine as an ergogenic aid during anaerobic exercise performance in caffeine naïve collegiate football playersKathleen Woolf
Nutrition Program, Arizona State University, Polytechnic Campus, Mesa, Arizona, USA
J Strength Cond Res 23:1363-9. 2009..No differences were found between treatments for RPE, HR, and BP. Caffeine did not improve performance for anaerobic exercise tests used at the NFL Combine in caffeine naïve male football athletes...
- The effect of caffeine as an ergogenic aid in anaerobic exerciseKathleen Woolf
Department of Nutrition, Arizona State University, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 18:412-29. 2008..Thus, a moderate dose of caffeine resulted in more total weight lifted for the chest press and a greater peak power attained during the Wingate test in competitive athletes...
- Iron status in highly active and sedentary young womenKathleen Woolf
Nutrition Program, Arizona State University, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 19:519-35. 2009..01) but similar heme iron intakes, they had higher mean sTfR, higher sTfR index, and lower serum ferritin concentrations than the sedentary women. Assessment of iron status may require measures not commonly used in routine assessments...
- B-vitamins and exercise: does exercise alter requirements?Kathleen Woolf
Dept of Nutrition, Arizona State University, Mesa 85212, USA
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 16:453-84. 2006..Athletes who have poor diets, especially those restricting energy intakes or eliminating food groups from the diet, should consider supplementing with a multivitamin/mineral supplement...
- Lower Healthy Eating Index-2005 dietary quality scores in older women with rheumatoid arthritis v. healthy controlsMegan E Grimstvedt
Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University, 7350 E Unity Avenue, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Public Health Nutr 13:1170-7. 2010..To assess the dietary quality of older women with and without rheumatoid arthritis (RA) using the Healthy Eating Index-2005 (HEI-2005) to identify potential strategies to improve the nutritional status...
- Acne: the role of medical nutrition therapyJennifer Burris
Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, New York University, 411 Lafayette, 5th Fl, New York, NY 10003, USA
J Acad Nutr Diet 113:416-30. 2013....