Affiliation: Arizona State University
- Predicting desire for institutional placement among racially diverse dementia family caregivers: the role of quality of careFei Sun
Address correpondence to Fei Sun, PO Box 37100, Phoenix, AZ 85069 E mail
Gerontologist 53:418-29. 2013..This study sought to understand the role of quality of care in mediating between caregiving stressors and caregiver desire to institutionalize (DTI) a patient with dementia...
- The influence of ethnicity and culture on dementia caregiving: a review of empirical studies on Chinese AmericansFei Sun
School of Social Work, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 27:13-22. 2012..The study concludes with recommendations for future research and practice with the Chinese American population...
- Predicting the trajectories of depressive symptoms among southern community-dwelling older adults: the role of religiosityFei Sun
School of Social Work, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Aging Ment Health 16:189-98. 2012..This study examined the effects of religiosity on the trajectories of depressive symptoms in a sample of community-dwelling older adults over a four-year period in a Southern state in the U.S...
- Coping strategies and caregiving outcomes among rural dementia caregiversFei Sun
Arizona State University, Phoenix, USA
J Gerontol Soc Work 53:547-67. 2010..Avoidance coping appeared to moderate the effects of caregiver health on caregiver burden. Social workers should pay greater attention to caregivers with dysfunctional coping styles...
- Perceived income inadequacy as a predictor of psychological distress in Alzheimer's caregiversFei Sun
School of Social Work, Arizona State University, Glendale, AZ 85306, USA
Psychol Aging 24:177-83. 2009..This supports previous findings that objective income measures alone are not adequate indicators of socioeconomic status in older adults...
- Predictors of physical functioning trajectories among Chinese oldest old adults: rural and urban differencesFei Sun
Arizona State University, School of Social Work, Phoenix, AZ 85306 4908, USA
Int J Aging Hum Dev 69:181-99. 2009..In addition, being female and routinely smoking predicted increases in ADL difficulties for the rural sample. Implications for interventions to slow down ADL decline were discussed...
- The influences of gender and religiousness on Alzheimer disease caregivers' use of informal support and formal servicesFei Sun
Socila Work Department, Arizona State University, 3251, 4701 W Thunderbird Road, Glendale, AZ 85306 4908, USA
J Aging Health 20:937-53. 2008..Discussion. These findings highlight the necessity to assess AD caregivers' religiousness to better understand their circumstances...
- Positive feelings of caregiving among Latino Alzheimer's family caregivers: understanding the role of spiritualityDavid R Hodge
School of Social Work, Arizona State University, Phoenix, USA
Aging Ment Health 16:689-98. 2012..Toward this end, gerontological practitioners should adopt a proactive stance to ensure Latino AD CGs can operationalize their spiritual strengths...