M Foster Olive
Affiliation: Arizona State University
- Ethanol, glutamate, and the ventral tegmental area--a commentary on: Ding, Engleman, Rodd, and McBride, "ethanol increases glutamate neurotransmission in the posterior ventral tegmental area of female wistar rats"M Foster Olive
Department of Psychology and Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:970-1. 2012..These findings have important implications for interactions between glutamatergic and dopaminergic mediation of alcohol reinforcement in the ventral midbrain...
- Glutamatergic medications for the treatment of drug and behavioral addictionsM Foster Olive
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 100:801-10. 2012..We conclude that manipulation of glutamatergic neurotransmission is a relatively young but promising avenue for the development of improved therapeutic agents for the treatment of drug and behavioral addictions...
- Positive allosteric modulators of type 5 metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluR5) and their therapeutic potential for the treatment of CNS disordersRichard M Cleva
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona 85287, USA
Molecules 16:2097-106. 2011....
- Control of Ethanol Intake by an mGluR5-PKCe PathwayM Foster Olive; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further understanding of the contributions of mGluR5 and PKC5 signaling to these behaviors will hopefully translate into improved therapies for the treatment of alcoholism in humans. ..
- Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor Signaling and Extinction LearningM Foster Olive; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such compounds could also be of potential use in extinction therapy of anxiety disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder. ..
- mGluR5 antagonists for methamphetamine addictionM Foster Olive; Fiscal Year: 2010....