Keith R Martin
Affiliation: Arizona State University
- Tart cherry juice induces differential dose-dependent effects on apoptosis, but not cellular proliferation, in MCF-7 human breast cancer cellsKeith R Martin
Healthy Lifestyles Research Center, Arizona State University, Mesa, Arizona 85212, USA
J Med Food 15:945-54. 2012..05) by 20% at 1% TCJ (920 nM) both of which were physiologically relevant concentrations of anthocyanins. The data support a biphasic effect on apoptosis and no effect on proliferation...
- Editorial: β-glucans: going through GM-CSF to get to dectinKeith R Martin
J Leukoc Biol 91:521-4. 2012
- The effects of whole mushrooms during inflammationSanhong Yu
Center for Immunology and Infectious Disease, Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
BMC Immunol 10:12. 2009..A number of isolated mushroom constituents have been shown to modulate immunity. Five commonly consumed edible mushrooms were tested to determine whether whole mushrooms stimulate the immune system in vitro and in vivo...
- Both common and specialty mushrooms inhibit adhesion molecule expression and in vitro binding of monocytes to human aortic endothelial cells in a pro-inflammatory environmentKeith R Martin
Healthy Lifestyles Research Center, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Nutr J 9:29. 2010..In this study, we tested the ability of both common and specialty mushrooms to inhibit cellular processes associated with CVD...
- Commonly consumed and specialty dietary mushrooms reduce cellular proliferation in MCF-7 human breast cancer cellsKeith R Martin
Nutrition Program, Healthy Lifestyles Research Center, Arizona State University, 6950 East Williams Field Road, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 235:1306-14. 2010..This suggests that both common and specialty mushrooms may be chemoprotective against breast cancer...
- The bioactive agent ergothioneine, a key component of dietary mushrooms, inhibits monocyte binding to endothelial cells characteristic of early cardiovascular diseaseKeith R Martin
Nutrition Program, Healthy Lifestyles Research Center, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Mesa, Arizona, USA
J Med Food 13:1340-6. 2010....
- Using nutrigenomics to evaluate apoptosis as a preemptive target in cancer preventionKeith R Martin
Department of Nutrition, Arizona State University, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 7:438-46. 2007....