Vera A Lopez
Affiliation: Arizona State University
- Effects of gender, media influences, and traditional gender role orientation on disordered eating and appearance concerns among Latino adolescentsVera Lopez
Justice and Social Inquiry, School of Social Transformation, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
J Adolesc 36:727-36. 2013..Our findings highlight the importance of continued research on gender, media, and cultural influences as they relate to disordered eating and appearance concerns among Latino youth. ..
- Relationship power, control, and dating violence among Latina girlsVera Lopez
Arizona State University, Justice and Social Inquiry, PO Box 874902, Tempe, AZ 85287 4902, USA
Violence Against Women 18:681-90. 2012..Girls attempted to subvert boys' attempts to control them; however, these attempts were not always successful given the constraints of gender that adolescent females must negotiate...
- Participation and program outcomes in a church-based cancer prevention program for Hispanic womenVera A Lopez
School of Justice and Social Inquiry, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 0403, USA
J Community Health 31:343-62. 2006..These results offer implications for the development of culturally tailored cancer prevention programs for Hispanic women...
- Pathways to sexual risk taking among female adolescent detaineesVera Lopez
Justice and Social Inquiry, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA
J Youth Adolesc 40:945-57. 2011..Limitations and implications for future research are discussed...
- Substance abuse prevention intervention research with Hispanic populationsFelipe González Castro
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, 950 S McAllister, Tempe, AZ 95287 1104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 84:S29-42. 2006....
- The relationship between acculturation and problem behavior proneness in a Hispanic youth sample: a longitudinal mediation modelKhanh T Dinh
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Lowell 01854, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 30:295-309. 2002..Jessor (1984) and R. Jessor and S. L. Jessor (1977). Findings from this study provide implications for future research and intervention designs...