Affiliation: Arizona State University
- Identifying victims of peer aggression from early to middle childhood: analysis of cross-informant data for concordance, estimation of relational adjustment, prevalence of victimization, and characteristics of identified victimsGary W Ladd
Department of Family and Human Development, Arizona State University, P O Box 872502, Tempe, Arizona 85287 2502, USA
Psychol Assess 14:74-96. 2002....
- Do relational risks and protective factors moderate the linkages between childhood aggression and early psychological and school adjustment?G W Ladd
The Pathways Project, Department of Family and Human Development, Arizona State University, Tempe 85287 2502, USA
Child Dev 72:1579-601. 2001..The importance of investigating behavioral risks in conjunction with the relational features of children's interpersonal environments is discussed...
- Probing the adaptive significance of children's behavior and relationships in the school context: a child by environment perspectiveGary W Ladd
Department of Psychology, Department of Family and Human Development, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona 87287, USA
Adv Child Dev Behav 31:43-104. 2003
- The role of chronic peer difficulties in the development of children's psychological adjustment problemsGary W Ladd
Department of Family and Human Development, Arizona State University, Tempe 85287 2502, USA
Child Dev 74:1344-67. 2003..The results highlight the utility of child-by-environment models as a guide for the investigation of processes that antecede psychosocial maladjustment...
- The Child Behavior Scale (CBS) revisited: a longitudinal evaluation of CBS subscales with children, preadolescents, and adolescentsGary W Ladd
School of Social and Family Dynamics and Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
Psychol Assess 21:325-39. 2009....
- Does chronic classroom peer rejection predict the development of children's classroom participation during the grade school years?Gary W Ladd
School of Social and Family Dynamics, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 3701, USA
Child Dev 79:1001-15. 2008....
- Peer rejection, aggressive or withdrawn behavior, and psychological maladjustment from ages 5 to 12: an examination of four predictive modelsGary W Ladd
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 2502, USA
Child Dev 77:822-46. 2006..These additive path models fit the data better than did disorder-driven or transactional models...
- Characterizing and comparing the friendships of anxious-solitary and unsociable preadolescentsGary W Ladd
Department of Psychology, School of Social and Family Dynamics, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 3701, USA
Child Dev 82:1434-53. 2011..The friends of unsociable youth were more accepted by peers than those of anxious-solitary youth. The premise that friendship inhibits peer victimization was substantiated for withdrawn as well as nonwithdrawn youth...
- Anxious solitude and peer exclusion: a diathesis-stress model of internalizing trajectories in childhoodHeidi Gazelle
Department of Psychology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Child Dev 74:257-78. 2003..As hypothesized, the joint influence of anxious solitude and exclusion predicted the most elevated depressive symptom trajectories...
- Trajectories of peer victimization and perceptions of the self and schoolmates: precursors to internalizing and externalizing problemsWendy Troop-Gordon
Department of Psychology, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
Child Dev 76:1072-91. 2005..Moreover, analyses supported the contention that self- and peer beliefs act as mechanisms through which victimization is related to psychological dysfunction...
- RISK & PROTECTIVE FACTORS IN EARLY SCHOOL MALADJUSTMENTGARY LADD; Fiscal Year: 2001..g., anxiety, depression, loneliness, low self-esteem), and (c) school failure (e.g., underachievement, scholastic disengagement, school avoidance, truancy, suspensions, and drop out). ..
- RISK & PROTECTIVE FACTORS IN EARLY SCHOOL MALADJUSTMENTGARY LADD; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Risk and Protective Factors in School MaladjustmentGARY LADD; Fiscal Year: 2007....