KEVIN MICHAEL KING
Affiliation: Arizona State University
- Mediating and moderated effects of adolescent behavioral undercontrol and parenting in the prediction of drug use disorders in emerging adulthoodKevin M King
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 87104, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 18:239-49. 2004..Highly undercontrolled adolescents may have such a strong diathesis for drug use disorders that buffers may not have the same effect as in those with better control...
- Substance use and academic outcomes: Synthesizing findings and future directionsKevin M King
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, PO Box 871104, Tempe, AZ 85287 1104, USA
Addiction 101:1688-9. 2006
- Marker or mediator? The effects of adolescent substance use on young adult educational attainmentKevin M King
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona 85287 1104, USA
Addiction 101:1730-40. 2006..We tested the effects of adolescent substance use on college attendance and completion by young adulthood in the context of the behavioral and familial risk factors that influence substance use...
- A prospective study of the effects of age of initiation of alcohol and drug use on young adult substance dependenceKevin M King
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Post Office Box 871104, Tempe, Arizona 85287 1104, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:256-65. 2007..The current study tests this question in a longitudinal sample, and extends the literature by testing whether age of onset of alcohol and drug use predicts alcohol and drug dependence...
- Mechanisms of the Stress-Substance Use Disorder RelationKevin King; Fiscal Year: 2006..Utilizing data from a longitudinal, high-risk sample of children of alcoholics and matched controls (N=454), this study is uniquely positioned to address the above issues. ..