Nancy B Grimm
Affiliation: Arizona State University
- Global change and the ecology of citiesNancy B Grimm
School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 4501, USA
Science 319:756-60. 2008..Cities themselves present both the problems and solutions to sustainability challenges of an increasingly urbanized world...
- Merging aquatic and terrestrial perspectives of nutrient biogeochemistryNancy B Grimm
School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Box 874501, Tempe, AZ 85287 4501, USA
Oecologia 137:485-501. 2003....
- Atmospheric deposition of carbon and nutrients across an arid metropolitan areaKathleen A Lohse
Global Institute of Sustainability, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 5211, United States
Sci Total Environ 402:95-105. 2008..Nevertheless, wet and dry inputs may be important for biogeochemical cycles in nutrient and carbon-poor desert ecosystems within and near arid cities...
- Ecosystem response to nutrient enrichment across an urban airshed in the Sonoran DesertSharon J Hall
School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona 85287 4501, USA
Ecol Appl 21:640-60. 2011....
- Denitrification mitigates N flux through the stream-floodplain complex of a desert cityW John Roach
School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, P O Box 874501, Tempe, Arizona 85287, USA
Ecol Appl 21:2618-36. 2011....
- Hierarchical regulation of nitrogen export from urban catchments: interactions of storms and landscapesDavid Bruce Lewis
Global Institute of Sustainability, Arizona State University, P O Box 873211, Tempe, Arizona 85287 3211, USA
Ecol Appl 17:2347-64. 2007..Nonetheless, these results suggest that, even with daunting seasonal and interannual variability in storm conditions, material export can be reduced by managing intrinsic catchment features...
- Socioeconomics drive urban plant diversityDiane Hope
Center for Environmental Studies, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 3211, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8788-92. 2003..This connection may be influenced by education, institutional control, and culture, and merits further study...
- Stream denitrification across biomes and its response to anthropogenic nitrate loadingPatrick J Mulholland
Environmental Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831, USA
Nature 452:202-5. 2008....
- A distinct urban biogeochemistry?Jason P Kaye
Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, 116 ASI Building, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Trends Ecol Evol 21:192-9. 2006..Incorporating these human controls into biogeochemical models will advance urban ecology and will require enhanced collaborations with engineers and social scientists...
- Carbon and nitrogen stoichiometry and nitrogen cycling rates in streamsWalter K Dodds
Division of Biology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Oecologia 140:458-67. 2004..Our analysis suggests that C:N of ecosystem compartments can be used to link N-cycling models across streams...