B E Ainsworth
Affiliation: Arizona State University
- 2011 Compendium of Physical Activities: a second update of codes and MET valuesBarbara E Ainsworth
Exercise and Wellness Program, School of Nutrition and Health Promotion, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:1575-81. 2011..We provide the second update of the Compendium, called the 2011 Compendium...
- How do I measure physical activity in my patients? Questionnaires and objective methodsB E Ainsworth
Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University, 7350 E Unity, Mesa, AZ 85242, USA
Br J Sports Med 43:6-9. 2009..If more precise measures of energy expenditure are desired, a provider can use the isotopic doubly labelled water method to estimate kilocalories; however, this method is costly and is impractical in non-research clinical settings...
- Perceived neighborhood environment and physical activity in 11 countries: do associations differ by country?Ding Ding
Department of Family Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 10:57. 2013..The current study examined whether associations between perceived attributes of neighborhood environments and physical activity differed by country...
- Patterns of neighborhood environment attributes related to physical activity across 11 countries: a latent class analysisMarc A Adams
Exercise and Wellness, School of Nutrition and Health Promotion, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 10:34. 2013..The purpose of this analysis was to: 1) detect international neighborhood typologies based on participants' response patterns to an environment survey and 2) to estimate associations between neighborhood environment patterns and PA...
- Pedometer determined physical activity tracks in African American adults: the Jackson Heart StudyRobert L Newton
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA, USA Catrine
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 9:44. 2012..This study investigated the number of pedometer assessment occasions required to establish habitual physical activity in African American adults...
- The International Prevalence Study on Physical Activity: results from 20 countriesAdrian Bauman
Centre for Physical Activity and Health, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 6:21. 2009..The International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ) was developed for international surveillance. The purpose of this study was a comparative international study of population physical activity prevalence across 20 countries...
- Physical activity and sedentary behaviors in postpartum Latinas: Madres para la SaludBarbara E Ainsworth
Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ 85003, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 45:1298-306. 2013..To describe the physical activity (PA) and sedentary behaviors of postpartum Latinas who are overweight or obese before initiating Madres para la Salud, a social support-mediated walking intervention to promote postpartum weight loss...
- "ASUKI Step" pedometer intervention in university staff: rationale and designBarbara E Ainsworth
Exercise and Wellness Program, School of Nutrition and Health Promotion, Arizona State University, 500 N, 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003, USA
BMC Public Health 12:657. 2012....
- Development of a compendium of energy expenditures for youthKate Ridley
Centre for the Analysis of Educational Futures, School of Education, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 5:45. 2008..This paper presents a Compendium of Energy Expenditures for use in scoring physical activity questionnaires and estimating energy expenditure levels in youth...
- Cross-sectional comparison of physical activity and inactivity patterns in Chinese and Filipino youthC Tudor-Locke
Walking Research Laboratory, Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University East, Mesa, AZ 85212 0180, USA
Child Care Health Dev 33:59-66. 2007..To compare and contrast youth physical activity (PA) and inactivity patterns in two developing Asian countries: the Philippines and China...
- Physical activity and inactivity in Chinese school-aged youth: the China Health and Nutrition SurveyC Tudor-Locke
Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University East, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:1093-9. 2003..To describe physical activity (PA) and inactivity levels and patterns in Chinese school children (aged 6-18 y)...
- BMI-referenced cut points for pedometer-determined steps per day in adultsC Tudor-Locke
Dept of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
J Phys Act Health 5:S126-39. 2008..The goal of this study was to establish preliminary criterion-referenced cut points for adult pedometer-determined physical activity (PA) related to weight status defined by body mass index (BMI)...
- Evaluation of the MyWellness Key accelerometerS D Herrmann
Healthy Lifestyles Research Center, Program in Exercise and Wellness, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, 7350 E Unity Avenue, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Br J Sports Med 45:109-13. 2011..to examine the concurrent validity of the Technogym MyWellness Key accelerometer against objective and subjective physical activity (PA) measures...
- Omission of active commuting to school and the prevalence of children's health-related physical activity levels: the Russian Longitudinal Monitoring StudyC Tudor-Locke
Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University, Mesa, AZ 85212 0180, USA
Child Care Health Dev 28:507-12. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the analytical impact of omitting active commuting to school (walking or bicycling) on conclusions about children's physical activity levels...
- How many days of pedometer monitoring predict weekly physical activity in adults?C Tudor-Locke
Department Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University East, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Prev Med 40:293-8. 2005..The study purpose was to establish the number (and type) of days needed to estimate mean pedometer-determined steps/day in a field setting...
- Physical activity in Filipino youth: the Cebu Longitudinal Health and Nutrition SurveyC Tudor-Locke
Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University East, Mesa 85212, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:181-90. 2003..To describe physical activity (PA) and inactivity levels of Filipino youth aged 14-16 y...