B E Ainsworth
Affiliation: Arizona State University
- 2011 Compendium of Physical Activities: a second update of codes and MET valuesBarbara E Ainsworth
Exercise and Wellness Program, School of Nutrition and Health Promotion, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:1575-81. 2011..We provide the second update of the Compendium, called the 2011 Compendium...
- How do I measure physical activity in my patients? Questionnaires and objective methodsB E Ainsworth
Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University, 7350 E Unity, Mesa, AZ 85242, USA
Br J Sports Med 43:6-9. 2009..If more precise measures of energy expenditure are desired, a provider can use the isotopic doubly labelled water method to estimate kilocalories; however, this method is costly and is impractical in non-research clinical settings...
- The current state of physical activity assessment toolsBarbara Ainsworth
Exercise Science and Health Promotion, School of Nutrition and Health Promotion, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ Electronic address
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 57:387-95. 2015....
- Validity and reliability of two brief physical activity questionnaires among Spanish-speaking individuals of Mexican descentSonia Vega-Lopez
School of Nutrition and Health Promotion, Arizona State University, 500 North 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
BMC Res Notes 7:29. 2014..This study explored the utility of two Spanish translated physical activity questionnaires, the Stanford Brief Activity Survey (SBAS) and the Rapid Assessment of Physical Activity (RAPA), for use among Spanish-speaking Mexican Americans...
- A comparison of a social support physical activity intervention in weight management among post-partum LatinasColleen Keller
Arizona State University, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, 500 N, 3rd Street MC 3020, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
BMC Public Health 14:971. 2014..Weight gain during the childbearing years and failure to lose pregnancy weight after birth contribute to the development of obesity in postpartum Latinas...
- Perceived neighborhood environment and physical activity in 11 countries: do associations differ by country?Ding Ding
Department of Family Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 10:57. 2013..The current study examined whether associations between perceived attributes of neighborhood environments and physical activity differed by country...
- Patterns of neighborhood environment attributes related to physical activity across 11 countries: a latent class analysisMarc A Adams
Exercise and Wellness, School of Nutrition and Health Promotion, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 10:34. 2013..The purpose of this analysis was to: 1) detect international neighborhood typologies based on participants' response patterns to an environment survey and 2) to estimate associations between neighborhood environment patterns and PA...
- Pedometer determined physical activity tracks in African American adults: the Jackson Heart StudyRobert L Newton
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA, USA Catrine
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 9:44. 2012..This study investigated the number of pedometer assessment occasions required to establish habitual physical activity in African American adults...
- The International Prevalence Study on Physical Activity: results from 20 countriesAdrian Bauman
Centre for Physical Activity and Health, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 6:21. 2009..The International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ) was developed for international surveillance. The purpose of this study was a comparative international study of population physical activity prevalence across 20 countries...
- Physical activity and sedentary behaviors in postpartum Latinas: Madres para la SaludBarbara E Ainsworth
Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ 85003, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 45:1298-306. 2013..To describe the physical activity (PA) and sedentary behaviors of postpartum Latinas who are overweight or obese before initiating Madres para la Salud, a social support-mediated walking intervention to promote postpartum weight loss...
- "ASUKI Step" pedometer intervention in university staff: rationale and designBarbara E Ainsworth
Exercise and Wellness Program, School of Nutrition and Health Promotion, Arizona State University, 500 N, 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003, USA
BMC Public Health 12:657. 2012....
- Development of a compendium of energy expenditures for youthKate Ridley
Centre for the Analysis of Educational Futures, School of Education, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 5:45. 2008..This paper presents a Compendium of Energy Expenditures for use in scoring physical activity questionnaires and estimating energy expenditure levels in youth...
- Cross-sectional comparison of physical activity and inactivity patterns in Chinese and Filipino youthC Tudor-Locke
Walking Research Laboratory, Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University East, Mesa, AZ 85212 0180, USA
Child Care Health Dev 33:59-66. 2007..To compare and contrast youth physical activity (PA) and inactivity patterns in two developing Asian countries: the Philippines and China...
- Physical activity and inactivity in Chinese school-aged youth: the China Health and Nutrition SurveyC Tudor-Locke
Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University East, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:1093-9. 2003..To describe physical activity (PA) and inactivity levels and patterns in Chinese school children (aged 6-18 y)...
- BMI-referenced cut points for pedometer-determined steps per day in adultsC Tudor-Locke
Dept of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
J Phys Act Health 5:S126-39. 2008..The goal of this study was to establish preliminary criterion-referenced cut points for adult pedometer-determined physical activity (PA) related to weight status defined by body mass index (BMI)...
- Evaluation of the MyWellness Key accelerometerS D Herrmann
Healthy Lifestyles Research Center, Program in Exercise and Wellness, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, 7350 E Unity Avenue, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Br J Sports Med 45:109-13. 2011..to examine the concurrent validity of the Technogym MyWellness Key accelerometer against objective and subjective physical activity (PA) measures...
- Omission of active commuting to school and the prevalence of children's health-related physical activity levels: the Russian Longitudinal Monitoring StudyC Tudor-Locke
Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University, Mesa, AZ 85212 0180, USA
Child Care Health Dev 28:507-12. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the analytical impact of omitting active commuting to school (walking or bicycling) on conclusions about children's physical activity levels...
- How many days of pedometer monitoring predict weekly physical activity in adults?C Tudor-Locke
Department Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University East, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Prev Med 40:293-8. 2005..The study purpose was to establish the number (and type) of days needed to estimate mean pedometer-determined steps/day in a field setting...
- Physical activity in Filipino youth: the Cebu Longitudinal Health and Nutrition SurveyC Tudor-Locke
Department of Exercise and Wellness, Arizona State University East, Mesa 85212, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:181-90. 2003..To describe physical activity (PA) and inactivity levels of Filipino youth aged 14-16 y...