Affiliation: Argonne National Laboratory
- Expression and purification of recombinant human receptor for advanced glycation endproducts in Escherichia coliRosemarie Wilton
Biosciences Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Biophysics Core Facility, University of Chicago 60637, USA
Protein Expr Purif 47:25-35. 2006..This new RAGE construct will facilitate detailed studies of RAGE-ligand interactions and provides a platform for preparation of site-directed mutants for future structure/function studies...
- Primary structure-based function characterization of BRCT domain replicates in BRCA1Yinghua Chen
Center for Clinical Cancer Genetics, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345:188-96. 2006..Based on sequence analysis, we predict five p53-binding sites. Our comparison of binding by wild-type and mutant domains indicates the sequence specificity of BRCA1-p53 interaction...
- Novel α-glucosidase from human gut microbiome: substrate specificities and their switchKemin Tan
Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 South Cass Avenue, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
FASEB J 24:3939-49. 2010..The preference can be switched by a single mutation at its active site, suggestive of widespread adaptation to utilization of a variety of polysaccharides by intestinal micro-organisms as energy resources...
- Analysis of protein-protein interactions by simulation of small-zone gel filtration chromatographyRosemarie Wilton
Biosciences Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL, USA
Methods Mol Biol 261:137-54. 2004..The simulation can also be used to study heterogeneous interactions, kinetically controlled interactions, and higher-order oligomerization, and it can replicate large-zone and Hummel-Dreyer conditions...
- Comparative analysis of 10 small molecules binding to carbonic anhydrase II by different investigators using Biacore technologyGiuseppe A Papalia
Center for Biomolecular Interaction Analysis, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Anal Biochem 359:94-105. 2006..The results of this study provide insight into the challenges, as well as the level of experimental variation, that one would expect to observe when using Biacore technology for small molecule analyses...
- Receptor for advanced glycation endproducts mediates neutrophil migration across intestinal epitheliumKe Zen
Department of Biology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
J Immunol 178:2483-90. 2007..Thus, these results provide a novel mechanism for the regulation of PMN transepithelial migration and may suggest a new therapeutic target for intestinal inflammation...
- Characterization o RAGE-Ligand InteractionsRosemarie Wilton; Fiscal Year: 2003..Conditions will be screened for crystallization of the recombinant RAGE and, if successful, the structure of RAGE extracellular domain will be determined by x-ray crystallography using MAD or SAD techniques. ..