Robert M Anthenelli
- Preliminary evidence for gender-specific effects of topiramate as a potential aid to smoking cessationRobert M Anthenelli
Tri State Tobacco and Alcohol Research Center, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45220, USA
Addiction 103:687-94. 2008....
- Childhood adversity, serotonin transporter (5-HTTLPR) genotype, and risk for cigarette smoking and nicotine dependence in alcohol dependent adultsCarolyn J Mingione
Department of Psychology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 123:201-6. 2012..Gender, social support, and an allelic variant in the gene encoding the serotonin transporter (5-HTTLPR) were examined as moderators of this relationship...
- Cigarette smoking and its relationship to mood disorder symptoms and co-occurring alcohol and cannabis use disorders following first hospitalization for bipolar disorderJaimee L Heffner
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Cincinnati College of Cincinnati, OH, USA
Bipolar Disord 14:99-108. 2012..In the present study, we prospectively evaluated the course of BD, alcohol use disorders, and cannabis use disorders in relation to smoking and examined the relationship between smoking abstinence and changes in mood...
- The co-occurrence of cigarette smoking and bipolar disorder: phenomenology and treatment considerationsJaimee L Heffner
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Bipolar Disord 13:439-53. 2011..The goal of this review is to synthesize the literature on the epidemiology, consequences, and treatment of smoking and nicotine dependence among individuals with BD and to delineate a future research agenda...
- Gender differences in trauma history and symptoms as predictors of relapse to alcohol and drug useJaimee L Heffner
Tri State Tobacco and Alcohol Research Center, Addiction Sciences Division, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
Am J Addict 20:307-11. 2011..These findings highlight the importance of assessing trauma history and providing treatment of trauma-related symptoms for individuals with alcohol and drug dependence, and for women in particular...
- Predicting alcohol misusers' readiness and ability to quit smoking: a critical reviewJaimee L Heffner
Tri State Tobacco and Alcohol Research Center, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45237, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 42:186-95. 2007....
- Predictors of post-treatment relapse to smoking in successful quitters: pooled data from two phase III varenicline trialsJaimee L Heffner
Tri State Tobacco and Alcohol Research Center, University of Cincinnati Genome Research Institute, 2120 E Galbraith Rd, Bldg A, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 109:120-5. 2010..Identifying predictors of smoking relapse helps to elucidate the challenges of long-term smoking cessation and provides direction for improved treatment development...
- Tricyclic antidepressant immunoassays may reflect quetiapine adherenceMichael A Cerullo
Am J Psychiatry 165:919-20. 2008
- Improvement of physical health and quality of life of alcohol-dependent individuals with topiramate treatment: US multisite randomized controlled trialBankole A Johnson
Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0623, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1188-99. 2008..We sought to determine whether topiramate's antidrinking effects are bolstered by improvements in physical and psychosocial well-being...
- A call to action: new treatment options provide even more reasons to intervene in tobacco dependenceRobert M Anthenelli
Addiction Sciences Division, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, OH, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 4:462-3. 2007
- Independent alcohol and tobacco effects on stress axis functionRobert M Anthenelli
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cinncinati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 26:1932-3. 2002