Genomes and Genes
RAJESH K ANEJA
- Epigallocatechin, a green tea polyphenol, attenuates myocardial ischemia reperfusion injury in ratsRajesh Aneja
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care Medicine OSB5, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Mol Med 10:55-62. 2004..The results of this study suggest that EGCG is beneficial for the treatment of reperfusion-induced myocardial damage by inhibition of the NF-kappaB and AP-1 pathway...
- Small interfering RNA mediated Poly (ADP-ribose) Polymerase-1 inhibition upregulates the heat shock response in a murine fibroblast cell lineRAJESH K ANEJA
Departments of Critical Care Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Inflamm (Lond) 8:3. 2011..These data demonstrate that, in wild type fibroblasts, PARP-1 plays a pivotal role in modulating the heat shock response both through direct interaction with HSF-1 and poly (ADP-ribosylation)...
- Preconditioning with high mobility group box 1 (HMGB1) induces lipopolysaccharide (LPS) toleranceRAJESH K ANEJA
Department of Critical Care Medicine and Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Leukoc Biol 84:1326-34. 2008..Taken together, these results suggest that extracellular HMGB1 induces LPS tolerance, and the RAGE receptor is required for this induction...
- Cerebrospinal fluid levels of high-mobility group box 1 and cytochrome C predict outcome after pediatric traumatic brain injuryAlicia K Au
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Safar Center for Resuscitation Research and the Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurotrauma 29:2013-21. 2012..Distinctly increased CSF cytochrome c levels in infants and children with AHT and poor outcome suggests that apoptosis may play an important role in this unique patient population...
- Theaflavin, a black tea extract, is a novel anti-inflammatory compoundRajesh Aneja
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, and Children's Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Crit Care Med 32:2097-103. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: We conclude that theaflavin is a potent inhibitor of interleukin-8 gene expression in vitro. The proximal mechanism of this effect involves, in part, inhibition of IkappaB kinase activation and activator protein-1 pathway...
- Peroxidase activity of hemoglobin-haptoglobin complexes: covalent aggregation and oxidative stress in plasma and macrophagesAlexandr Kapralov
Center for Free Radical and Antioxidant Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219, USA
J Biol Chem 284:30395-407. 2009....