Genomes and Genes
RAJESH K ANEJA
- Epigallocatechin, a green tea polyphenol, attenuates myocardial ischemia reperfusion injury in ratsRajesh Aneja
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care Medicine OSB5, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Mol Med 10:55-62. 2004..The results of this study suggest that EGCG is beneficial for the treatment of reperfusion-induced myocardial damage by inhibition of the NF-kappaB and AP-1 pathway...
- Small interfering RNA mediated Poly (ADP-ribose) Polymerase-1 inhibition upregulates the heat shock response in a murine fibroblast cell lineRAJESH K ANEJA
Departments of Critical Care Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Inflamm (Lond) 8:3. 2011..These data demonstrate that, in wild type fibroblasts, PARP-1 plays a pivotal role in modulating the heat shock response both through direct interaction with HSF-1 and poly (ADP-ribosylation)...
- Preconditioning with high mobility group box 1 (HMGB1) induces lipopolysaccharide (LPS) toleranceRAJESH K ANEJA
Department of Critical Care Medicine and Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Leukoc Biol 84:1326-34. 2008..Taken together, these results suggest that extracellular HMGB1 induces LPS tolerance, and the RAGE receptor is required for this induction...
- Cerebrospinal fluid levels of high-mobility group box 1 and cytochrome C predict outcome after pediatric traumatic brain injuryAlicia K Au
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Safar Center for Resuscitation Research and the Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurotrauma 29:2013-21. 2012..Distinctly increased CSF cytochrome c levels in infants and children with AHT and poor outcome suggests that apoptosis may play an important role in this unique patient population...
- Theaflavin, a black tea extract, is a novel anti-inflammatory compoundRajesh Aneja
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, and Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Crit Care Med 32:2097-103. 2004..We determined the effects of theaflavin, a black tea-derived polyphenol, on tumor necrosis factor-alpha-mediated expression of the interleukin-8 gene in A549 cells...
- Advances in monitoring and management of shockHaifa Mtaweh
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 60:641-54. 2013..Other emerging treatments for shock (ie, temperature control, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation/ventricular assist devices) are also discussed...
- Peroxidase activity of hemoglobin-haptoglobin complexes: covalent aggregation and oxidative stress in plasma and macrophagesAlexandr Kapralov
Center for Free Radical and Antioxidant Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219, USA
J Biol Chem 284:30395-407. 2009....