Henry D Anaya
- Implementation of nurse-initiated rapid HIV testing at high-prevalence primary care sites within the U.S. Veterans Affairs Health Care SystemHenry D Anaya
Veterans Affairs Quality Enhancement Research Initiative for HIV, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles CA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 40:341-5. 2013..At site 1, 2364 tests were conducted; 5 HIV positives were identified. At site 2, 2522 tests were conducted; 9 HIV positives were identified. Success varied across demographic/clinical strata...
- Budget impact analysis of HIV testing in the VA healthcare systemHenry D Anaya
Center for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, VA Greater Los Angeles Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, CA 90073, USA
Value Health 15:1022-8. 2012..To aid in resource allocation decisions, we developed a spreadsheet-based budget-impact tool populated with estimates of facility-specific HIV testing and care costs incurred with an expanded testing program...
- Improving HIV screening and receipt of results by nurse-initiated streamlined counseling and rapid testingHenry D Anaya
Center for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:800-7. 2008..HIV rapid testing is effective in many healthcare settings, but scant research has been done within primary care settings or within the US Department of Veteran's Affairs Healthcare System...
- Evaluation of the sustainability of an intervention to increase HIV testingMatthew Bidwell Goetz
Infectious Diseases Section 111 F, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:1275-80. 2009..Sustainability-the routinization and institutionalization of processes that improve the quality of healthcare-is difficult to achieve and not often studied...
- The impact of integrated HIV care on patient health outcomesTuyen Hoang
Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Sepulveda, CA, USA
Med Care 47:560-7. 2009..Yet many HIV-infected patients have comorbidities that pose social and clinical barriers to achieving viral suppression. Integration of subspecialty services into HIV primary care may overcome such barriers...
- Expanding HIV rapid testing via point-of-care paraprofessionalsHerschel Knapp
Veterans Affairs Quality Enhancement Research Initiative for HIV and Hepatitis QUERI HIV HEP, HRS and D Center of Excellence, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 11301 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J STD AIDS 19:629-32. 2008....
- Interactive internet-based clinical education: an efficient and cost-savings approach to point-of-care test trainingHerschel Knapp
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Telemed J E Health 17:335-40. 2011..We successfully created and implemented an effective HIV rapid testing training and certification curriculum using traditional in-person training at multiple sites within the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Healthcare System...
- Early adoption of human immunodeficiency virus quality improvement in Veterans Affairs medical centers: use of organizational surveys to measure readiness to change and adapt interventions to local prioritiesHenry D Anaya
VA Greater Los Angeles HSR and D Center of Excellence for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, USA
Am J Med Qual 19:137-44. 2004..The persistence of regional variation should be further explored. Organizational surveys of attitudes toward potential QI interventions can assist in choosing interventions and targeting specific facilities...
- Implementation of routine rapid HIV testing within the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Healthcare SystemHenry D Anaya
U S Department of Veterans Affairs VA in West Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Healthc Qual 34:7-14. 2012..Findings are currently being used for the implementation of additional NRT interventions, and can also guide NRT adoption in other facilities...
- Attributes of an independently self-sustaining implementation: nurse-administered HIV rapid testing in VA primary careHerschel Knapp
Veterans Affairs Quality Enhancement Research Initiative for HIV and Hepatitis QUERI HIV HEP and Center for the Study of Health Care Provider Behavior, VA Greater Los Angeles Health Care System, 11301 Wilshire Blvd 111G, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 19:292-7. 2010..Training, policy requirements, and implementation methods used to launch such services have not been widely explored...
- An HIV collaborative in the VHA: do advanced HIT and one-day sessions change the collaborative experience?Allen M Fremont
Department of Veterans Affairs, Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, CA, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 32:324-36. 2006..Many organizations participate in quality collaboratives, yet the return on investment of the associated time and costs is unclear...
- Differences among sexually abused and nonabused youth living with HIVHenry D Anaya
U S Department of Veterans Affairs
J Interpers Violence 20:1547-59. 2005..The high frequencies of two positive styles of coping among abused YLH were also observed...
- Lipid screening in HIV-infected veteransP Todd Korthuis
Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland 97239 3098, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:253-60. 2004..Lipid screening is recommended for patients taking protease inhibitors (PIs)...