Genomes and Genes
Jennifer E Towne
Affiliation: Amgen Inc
- Interleukin (IL)-1F6, IL-1F8, and IL-1F9 signal through IL-1Rrp2 and IL-1RAcP to activate the pathway leading to NF-kappaB and MAPKsJennifer E Towne
Amgen Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Biol Chem 279:13677-88. 2004..We conclude that IL-1F6, IL-1F8, and IL-1F9 signal through IL-1Rrp2 and IL-1RAcP...
- Interleukin-36 (IL-36) ligands require processing for full agonist (IL-36α, IL-36β, and IL-36γ) or antagonist (IL-36Ra) activityJennifer E Towne
Department of Inflammation Research, Amgen Incorporated, Seattle, Washington 98119, USA
J Biol Chem 286:42594-602. 2011..In addition, truncation of IL-36α, IL-36β, and IL-36γ dramatically enhances their activity, suggesting that post-translational processing is required for full activity...
- IL-1RL2 and its ligands contribute to the cytokine network in psoriasisHal Blumberg
Amgen, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
J Immunol 185:4354-62. 2010..Blockade of IL-1F6 receptor also resolves the inflammatory changes in human psoriatic lesional skin transplanted onto immunodeficient mice. These data suggest a role for IL-1F family members in psoriasis...
- Opposing activities of two novel members of the IL-1 ligand family regulate skin inflammationHal Blumberg
Department of Inflammation, 2Department of Pathology, 3Department of Biostatistics, Amgen, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
J Exp Med 204:2603-14. 2007..In summary, dysregulated expression of novel agonistic and antagonistic IL-1 family member ligands can promote cutaneous inflammation, revealing potential novel targets for the treatment of inflammatory skin disorders...
- The emerging role of IL-17 in the pathogenesis of psoriasis: preclinical and clinical findingsDavid A Martin
Medical Sciences, Amgen, Seattle, WA, USA
J Invest Dermatol 133:17-26. 2013..Therapeutic agents in development that target IL-17 are discussed, and an emerging model of the key role of IL-17 in the pathogenesis of psoriasis is presented...