Joshua J Ofman
Affiliation: Amgen Inc
- Do NSAIDs cause dyspepsia? A meta-analysis evaluating alternative dyspepsia definitionsWalter L Straus
AHCPR Southern California Evidence Based Practice Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1951-8. 2002..Using alternative definitions, we assessed the relationship between NSAID use and dyspepsia...
- Meta-analysis of dyspepsia and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugsJoshua J Ofman
Cedars Sinai Health System and Zynx Health Inc, Los Angeles, California 90212, USA
Arthritis Rheum 49:508-18. 2003..Using published and unpublished data sources, we sought to determine estimates of the risks of dyspepsia associated with NSAIDs...
- A systematic review of diabetes disease management programsKevin Knight
PHAR, LLC, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:242-50. 2005..To systematically evaluate and synthesize published evidence regarding the effect of disease management programs for patients with diabetes mellitus on processes and outcomes of care...
- Does disease management improve clinical and economic outcomes in patients with chronic diseases? A systematic reviewJoshua J Ofman
Cedars Sinai Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Med 117:182-92. 2004..To assess the clinical and economic effects of disease management in patients with chronic diseases...
- Impairment in work productivity and health-related quality of life in patients with IBSBonnie B Dean
Cerner Health Insights, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:S17-26. 2005..Reduced work productivity and diminished QOL of these magnitudes may have substantial financial impact on employers...
- Minimizing complications from nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs: cost-effectiveness of competing strategies in varying risk groupsBrennan M R Spiegel
Veteran s Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Arthritis Rheum 53:185-97. 2005..To appraise the cost-effectiveness of competing therapeutic strategies in patient cohorts eligible for aspirin prophylaxis with varying degrees of gastrointestinal (GI) and cardiovascular risk...
- Effectiveness of proton pump inhibitors in nonerosive reflux diseaseBonnie B Dean
Cerner Health Insights, Beverly Hills, California 90212, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:656-64. 2004..We aimed to synthesize available data and determine the effectiveness of PPIs on symptom resolution in patients with NERD...
- Utilization of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and antisecretory agents: a managed care claims analysisJoshua J Ofman
Department of Medicine, Zynx Health A Cerner Company, Beverly Hills, California 90212, USA
Am J Med 116:835-42. 2004....
- Dyspepsia management in primary care: a decision analysis of competing strategiesBrennan M R Spiegel
Department of Medicine and Health Services Research, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Gastroenterology 122:1270-85. 2002
- How useful are unpublished data from the Food and Drug Administration in meta-analysis?Catherine H Maclean
RAND, 1700 Main Street, M 23C, Santa Monica, CA 90407 2138, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 56:44-51. 2003..07) did not differ significantly or practically. Data from FDA reviews may be a viable data source for systematic reviews and meta-analyses but only after being subjected to the same methodologic scrutiny as published data...
- A metaanalysis of severe upper gastrointestinal complications of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugsJoshua J Ofman
Southern California Evidence Based Practice Center, Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Health System, Beverly Hills 90212, USA
J Rheumatol 29:804-12. 2002..We synthesized the published and unpublished evidence to determine the least biased estimates of the risks of perforations, ulcers, and bleeds (PUB) associated with NSAID use from all study designs and all languages...