Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Amgen Inc
- Vascular endothelial growth factor synergistically enhances bone morphogenetic protein-4-dependent lymphohematopoietic cell generation from embryonic stem cells in vitroN Nakayama
Department of Cell Biology, Flow Cytometry Laboratory, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
Blood 95:2275-83. 2000..Thus, VEGF is a synergistic enhancer for the BMP-4-dependent differentiation processes, and it seems to be achieved by the ordered action of the 2 factors...
- A novel chordin-like protein inhibitor for bone morphogenetic proteins expressed preferentially in mesenchymal cell lineagesN Nakayama
Department of Cell Biology, Amgen Incorporated, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Dev Biol 232:372-87. 2001..Thus, CHL may serve as an important BMP regulator for differentiating mesenchymal cells, especially during skeletogenesis, and for developing specific neurons...
- Macroscopic cartilage formation with embryonic stem-cell-derived mesodermal progenitor cellsNaoki Nakayama
Department of Metabolic Disorders, Amgen Inc, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
J Cell Sci 116:2015-28. 2003..These studies indicate that the PDGFRalpha+ and/or flk-1+ cells derived from embryonic stem cells possess the full developmental potential toward chondrocytes, in common with embryonic mesenchymal cells...
- A novel chordin-like BMP inhibitor, CHL2, expressed preferentially in chondrocytes of developing cartilage and osteoarthritic joint cartilageNaoki Nakayama
Department of Metabolic Disorders, Amgen, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Development 131:229-40. 2004..Thus, CHL2 may play negative roles in the (re)generation and maturation of articular chondrocytes in the hyaline cartilage of both developing and degenerated joints...
- Embryonal subregion-derived stromal cell lines from novel temperature-sensitive SV40 T antigen transgenic mice support hematopoiesisRobert A J Oostendorp
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands
J Cell Sci 115:2099-108. 2002..Interestingly, a few of these stromal clones express a recently described chordin-like protein, which is an inhibitor of bone morphogenic proteins and is preferentially expressed in cells of the mesenchymal lineage...