Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Amgen Inc
- Characterization of Alzheimer's beta -secretase protein BACE. A pepsin family member with unusual propertiesM Haniu
Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320 1799, USA
J Biol Chem 275:21099-106. 2000..This difference may affect the substrate specificity of the enzyme. Taken together, both the presence of a transmembrane domain and the unusual disulfide bond structure lead us to conclude that BACE is an atypical pepsin family member...
- Human leptin receptor. Determination of disulfide structure and N-glycosylation sites of the extracellular domainM Haniu
Departments of Protein Structure, Protein Chemistry, and Immunology, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320 1789, USA
J Biol Chem 273:28691-9. 1998..On the other hand, the N-terminal WSXWS motif was not glycosylated...
- Disulfide structure and N-glycosylation sites of an extracellular domain of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor receptorM Haniu
Department of Protein Chemistry, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Biochemistry 35:13040-6. 1996..Glycosylation seems necessary for stabilizing the molecule against disulfide-linked oligomerization of the receptor, indicating that the free cysteine residues become reactive for oxidation and disulfide exchange upon deglycosylation...
- Interactions between brain-derived neurotrophic factor and the TRKB receptor. Identification of two ligand binding domains in soluble TRKB by affinity separation and chemical cross-linkingM Haniu
Departments of Protein Structure, Protein Chemistry, and Immunology, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
J Biol Chem 272:25296-303. 1997..These results, obtained from a variety of experimental techniques, highlight the importance of two distinct regions of the extracellular domain of the TRKB receptor in binding BDNF...
- Human neurotrophin-3: a one-step peptide mapping method and complete disulfide characterization of the recombinant proteinJ O Hui
Protein Structure, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
J Protein Chem 15:351-8. 1996..This disulfide structure is homologous to the NGF family of neurotrophic factors...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor: selective reduction of the intermolecular disulfide linkage and characterization of its disulfide structureM Haniu
Department of Protein Structure, Amgen, Inc, Thousands Oaks, California 91320 1789, USA
Biochemistry 35:16799-805. 1996..Only the peptides from an N-terminal region (residues -1 to 37) were liberated by proteolytic treatment with trypsin or endoproteinase Lys-C, resulting in a stable cystine-knot protein...
- Extracellular domain of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor receptor. Interaction with its ligand and identification of a domain in close proximity of ligand-binding regionM Haniu
Department of Protein Structure, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 324:344-56. 1995..The results show that the N-terminal Met of G-CSF is located at a distance of approximately 11 A from a reactive Lys-242 of the receptor in the ligand-receptor complex...
- Determination of disulfide structure in agouti-related protein (AGRP) by stepwise reduction and alkylationE J Bures
Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Biochemistry 37:12172-7. 1998..The chemically defined disulfide connectivity of the recombinant human AGRP was homologous to that of omega-agatoxin IVB except for an additional disulfide bond, C85-C109...
- Purification and identification of brain-derived neurotrophic factor from human serumR D Rosenfeld
Amgen Center, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Protein Expr Purif 6:465-71. 1995..The presence of high levels of BDNF in serum suggests a role for this neurotrophin either in nerve repair at sites of injured tissue or in nonneuronal functions...
- Extracellular domain of neurotrophin receptor trkB: disulfide structure, N-glycosylation sites, and ligand bindingM Haniu
Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 322:256-64. 1995..Among 12 potential N-linked glycosylation sites proposed in the soluble domain of trkB, 10 sites are actually glycosylated...
- Formation of heterodimers from three neurotrophins, nerve growth factor, neurotrophin-3, and brain-derived neurotrophic factorT Arakawa
Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320 1789
J Biol Chem 269:27833-9. 1994..BDNF heterodimer, and it is not stable even at 4 degrees C. These results indicate that BDNF and NT-3 have an intersubunit contact surface for dimerization resembling each other's but different from the contact surface of NGF...
- A furin-like convertase mediates propeptide cleavage of BACE, the Alzheimer's beta -secretaseB D Bennett
Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, and Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 275:37712-7. 2000..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that furin, or a furin-like proprotein convertase, is responsible for cleaving the BACE propeptide domain to form the mature enzyme...
- The primary structure of cytochrome P-450d purified from rat liver microsomes: prediction of helical regions and domain analysisM Haniu
Arch Biochem Biophys 244:323-37. 1986....
- Complete amino acid sequence of NADPH-cytochrome P-450 reductase from porcine hepatic microsomesM Haniu
Biochemistry 25:7906-11. 1986..Hydropathy plot analysis reveals that two regions from residues 27-43 and from residues 523-544 exhibit a high degree of hydrophobicity, suggesting membrane binding or interaction with cytochrome P-450...
- Cloning and characterization of cDNA encoding 3-methylcholanthrene inducible rat mRNA for UDP-glucuronosyltransferaseT Iyanagi
J Biol Chem 261:15607-14. 1986....
- Reaction of rat liver DT-diaphorase (NAD(P)H:quinone acceptor reductase) with 5'-[p-(fluorosulfonyl)benzoyl]-adenosineX F Liu
Division of Immunology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010
Mol Pharmacol 35:818-22. 1989....
- Amino acid sequence of subunit V of bovine heart cytochrome oxidase, the heme alpha-containing subunitM Tanaka
J Biol Chem 254:3879-85. 1979..0% hydrophilic residues and it is an acidic protein having a net charge of -3 at neutral pH. The molecular weight of subunit V was calculated to be 12,436 and that for the heme alpha-containing polypeptide was 13,295...