Affiliation: Amgen Inc
- IL-18-binding protein protects against lipopolysaccharide- induced lethality and prevents the development of Fas/Fas ligand-mediated models of liver disease in miceR Faggioni
Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
J Immunol 167:5913-20. 2001..In conclusion, IL-18BP can be engineered and produced in recombinant form to generate an IL-18 inhibitor, IL-18BP-Fc, endowed with remarkable in vitro and in vivo properties of binding and neutralizing IL-18...
- Leptin regulation of the immune response and the immunodeficiency of malnutritionR Faggioni
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, 94121, USA
FASEB J 15:2565-71. 2001..Leptin regulates T cells responses, polarizing Th cells toward a Th1 phenotype. Low leptin levels occurring during starvation mediate the neuroendocrine and immune dysfunction of starvation...
- Leptin deficiency enhances sensitivity to endotoxin-induced lethalityR Faggioni
Metabolism Section, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Am J Physiol 276:R136-42. 1999..These results suggest that leptin participates in the host response to inflammation by modulating the host immune and cytokine responses after LPS...
- Leptin-deficient (ob/ob) mice are protected from T cell-mediated hepatotoxicity: role of tumor necrosis factor alpha and IL-18R Faggioni
Metabolism Section, Department of Veteran Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:2367-72. 2000..In addition, both TNF-alpha and IL-18 appear to be essential mediators of T cell-mediated liver injury...
- Upregulation of uncoupling protein 2 mRNA in genetic obesity: lack of an essential role for leptin, hyperphagia, increased tissue lipid content, and TNF-alphaR A Memon
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1484:41-50. 2000..Taken together, these results suggest that the upregulation of UCP2 mRNA levels in the liver and WAT of ob/ob mice is not due to the lack of leptin, hyperphagia, increased tissue lipid content, or over-expression of TNF-alpha...
- LPS-induced anorexia in leptin-deficient (ob/ob) and leptin receptor-deficient (db/db) miceR Faggioni
Department of Medicine, University of California, USA
Am J Physiol 273:R181-6. 1997..No differences between db/db and ob/ob mice and their respective littermate were observed in circulating tumor necrosis factor levels after LPS. These data suggest that leptin per se is not essential for LPS-induced anorexia...