Affiliation: Amgen Inc
- Erythropoiesis-stimulating agents and other methods to enhance oxygen transportS Elliott
Department of Hematology, One Amgen Center, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Br J Pharmacol 154:529-41. 2008..This article examines the current methods to enhance aerobic performance and the methods to detect illicit use...
- Asn to Lys mutations at three sites which are N-glycosylated in the mammalian protein decrease the aggregation of Escherichia coli-derived erythropoietinL O Narhi
Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Protein Eng 14:135-40. 2001..This approach of placing charged residues at sites where N-glycosylation occurs in vivo could be applied to other systems as well...
- Efficiency of signalling through cytokine receptors depends critically on receptor orientationR S Syed
Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320 1789, USA
Nature 395:511-6. 1998..9 A from two crystal forms, shows that erythropoietin imposes a unique 120 degrees angular relationship and orientation that is responsible for optimal signalling through intracellular kinase pathways...
- Erythropoietin receptor transcription is neither elevated nor predictive of surface expression in human tumour cellsA M Sinclair
Amgen Inc, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362, USA
Br J Cancer 98:1059-67. 2008..This suggests that there is no selective advantage for tumours to overexpress EpoR and questions the functional relevance of EpoR gene transcription in tumours...
- RGS3 inhibits G protein-mediated signaling via translocation to the membrane and binding to Galpha11N O Dulin
Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Research Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:714-23. 1999..These data indicate that RGS3 inhibits G protein-coupled receptor signaling by a complex mechanism involving its translocation to the membrane in addition to its established function as a GTPase-activating protein...
- Spc29p is a component of the Spc110p subcomplex and is essential for spindle pole body duplicationS Elliott
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Cancer Research Campaign Beatson Laboratories, Glasgow G61 1BD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:6205-10. 1999....
- UV Raman spectral intensities of E. coli and other bacteria excited at 228.9, 244.0, and 248.2 nmQ Wu
Chemistry Department, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544, USA
Anal Chem 73:3432-40. 2001..coli cells. Results suggest that knowledge of spectral intensity values will enhance significantly the capability to identify bacteria by means of their UV resonance Raman spectra...
- Overland flow delivery of faecal bacteria to a headwater pastoral streamR Collins
National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research Limited NIWA, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Appl Microbiol 99:126-32. 2005..To quantify and derive statistical relationships with which to predict the delivery of faecal bacteria (Escherichia coli) to a pastoral stream, by overland flow...