Fergus R Byrne
Affiliation: Amgen Inc
- Noninvasive quantification of bowel inflammation through positron emission tomography imaging of 2-deoxy-2-[18F]fluoro-D-glucose-labeled white blood cellsBetty S Pio
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, and the Greater Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Hospital System, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6942, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 5:271-7. 2003..FDG-labeled WBC's, in conjunction with PET, can be used to provide quantitative assessment of bowel inflammation noninvasively, accurately, and rapidly...
- CD4+CD45RBHi T cell transfer induced colitis in mice is accompanied by osteopenia which is treatable with recombinant human osteoprotegerinF R Byrne
Amgen Inc, One Amgen Center Drive, Mail Stop 29 1 B, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Gut 54:78-86. 2005..We also investigated whether osteopenia was due to malabsorption as a result of a dysregulated digestive tract or as a consequence of the inflammatory process...
- rHuKGF ameliorates symptoms in DSS and CD4(+)CD45RB(Hi) T cell transfer mouse models of inflammatory bowel diseaseFergus R Byrne
Department of Pharmacology, Amgen, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G690-701. 2002..These data suggest that rHuKGF may prove useful in the clinical management of IBD and its effects are likely mediated by its ability to locally increase the levels of ITF...
- An antibody to IP-10 is a potent antagonist of cell migration in vitro and in vivo and does not affect disease in several animal models of inflammationFergus R Byrne
Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
Autoimmunity 42:171-82. 2009..These data suggest that the 20A9 mAb can antagonize IP-10 mediated chemotaxis in vitro and in vivo and that this is insufficient to cause a therapeutic benefit in multiple mouse models of inflammatory disease...
- Methods of inducing inflammatory bowel disease in miceJoseph R Maxwell
Amgen, Seattle, Washington, USA
Curr Protoc Pharmacol . 2009....
- Mouse models of inflammatory bowel diseaseFergus R Byrne
Amgen Inc, Department of Inflammation Research, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Curr Opin Drug Discov Devel 9:207-17. 2006....
- Spontaneous colitis occurrence in transgenic mice with altered B7-mediated costimulationGisen Kim
Division of Developmental Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 181:5278-88. 2008..This model provides an important tool for examining how B7 molecules and their effects on CTLA-4 modulate T cell function and the development of inflammatory diseases...