T L Burgess
Affiliation: Amgen Inc
- The ligand for osteoprotegerin (OPGL) directly activates mature osteoclastsT L Burgess
Department of Mammalian Cell Molecular Biology, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320 1789, USA
J Cell Biol 145:527-38. 1999..Together, these findings indicate that, in addition to their effects on OC precursors, OPGL and OPG have profound and direct effects on mature OCs and indicate that the OC receptor, RANK, mediates OPGL's effects...
- Fully human monoclonal antibodies to hepatocyte growth factor with therapeutic potential against hepatocyte growth factor/c-Met-dependent human tumorsTeresa Burgess
Department of Oncology Research, Amgen, Inc, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 1799, USA
Cancer Res 66:1721-9. 2006..These results suggest that an antibody to an epitope in the beta-chain of HGF has potential as a novel therapeutic agent for treating patients with HGF-dependent tumors...
- Biochemical characterization of AMG 102: a neutralizing, fully human monoclonal antibody to human and nonhuman primate hepatocyte growth factorTeresa L Burgess
Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320 1799, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:400-9. 2010..Currently, AMG 102 is in phase II clinical trials in a variety of solid tumor indications. Mol Cancer Ther; 9(2); 400-9...
- Osteoclast markers accumulate on cells developing from human peripheral blood mononuclear precursorsJ Faust
Department of Pathology, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
J Cell Biochem 72:67-80. 1999..Further characterization of these cells should identify factors involved in the growth, terminal differentiation and activation of osteoclasts...
- Osteoprotegerin ligand modulates murine osteoclast survival in vitro and in vivoD L Lacey
Departments of Pharmacology Pathology, Cell Biology, Protein Chemistry, Mammalian Cell Molecular Biology, and Mammalian Genomics, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California, USA
Am J Pathol 157:435-48. 2000..Therefore, OPGL is essential, but not sufficient, for osteoclast survival and endogenous CSF-1 levels are insufficient to maintain osteoclast viability in the absence of OPGL...