Matthew C Nisbet
Affiliation: American University
- Bioethics in popular science: evaluating the media impact of The Immortal Llife of Henrietta Lacks on the biobank debateMatthew C Nisbet
School of Communication, American University, 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW 20016 8017, Washington, DC, USA
BMC Med Ethics 14:10. 2013....
- Reframing climate change as a public health issue: an exploratory study of public reactionsEdward W Maibach
Department of Communication, Center for Climate Change Communication, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA
BMC Public Health 10:299. 2010..We conducted an exploratory study in the United States of people's reactions to a public health-framed short essay on climate change...
- Science and society. Framing ScienceMatthew C Nisbet
School of Communication, American University, Washington, DC 20016, USA
Science 316:56. 2007
- Science communication reconsideredTania Bubela
School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Nat Biotechnol 27:514-8. 2009..As new media proliferate and the public's trust and engagement in science are influenced by industry involvement in academic research, an interdisciplinary workshop provides some recommendations to enhance science communication...
- Framing peak petroleum as a public health problem: audience research and participatory engagement in the United StatesMatthew C Nisbet
School of Communication, American University, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1620-6. 2011..Respondents who self-identified as very conservative and those who were strongly dismissive of climate change were the respondents most likely to perceive very harmful health consequences...