- Can we treat our way out of HIV?Rowena Johnston
The Foundation for AIDS Research, New York, New York 10005, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:1-4. 2010..A National HIV/AIDS Strategy that both informs and is informed by a strong research agenda is a long-awaited and much anticipated development in the battle against HIV/AIDS in the United States...
- Controversies in HIV cure researchRowena Johnston
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, 120 Wall St, 13th Floor, New York, NY 10005, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 15:16. 2012..Antiretroviral therapy significantly reduces HIV viral burden and prolongs life, but does not cure HIV infection. The major scientific barrier to a cure is thought to be the persistence of the virus in cellular and/or anatomical reservoirs...
- Microbicides 2002: an updateRowena Johnston
American Foundation for AIDS Research, New York, New York 10005, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 16:419-30. 2002..Highlights from the conference, including basic scientific, clinical, and social, political and economic aspects of microbicide development, are presented here...
- AIDSVAX results: an answer, or just more questions?Rowena Johnston
American Foundation for AIDS Research, New York, NY 10005 3902, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 17:47-51. 2003..Interpretation of these results will probably not be straightforward and will likely lead to many more unanswered questions. Following is a description of some of the key issues involved...
- Whither or wither microbicides?Robert M Grant
J David Gladstone Institutes, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94518, USA
Science 321:532-4. 2008....
- The changing face of AIDSRowena Johnston
AIDS Read 12:373-5. 2002
- Therapeutic vaccination for HIV diseaseJeffrey Laurence
AIDS Read 13:252-3, 260. 2003