Janet S Hildebrand
Affiliation: American Cancer Society
- Coffee, tea, and fatal oral/pharyngeal cancer in a large prospective US cohortJanet S Hildebrand
Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Am J Epidemiol 177:50-8. 2013..Research is needed to elucidate biologic mechanisms whereby coffee might help to protect against these often fatal cancers...
- Colorectal cancer incidence and postmenopausal hormone use by type, recency, and duration in cancer prevention study IIJanet S Hildebrand
Department of Epidemiology, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:2835-41. 2009....
- Postmenopausal hormone use and incident ovarian cancer: Associations differ by regimenJanet S Hildebrand
Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Cancer 127:2928-35. 2010..08, 95% CI 0.86-1.35; RR 1.08, 95% CI 0.68-1.71, respectively, per 5-year increment). These findings suggest that progestins may mitigate some of the detrimental effects of estrogen on the ovarian epithelium...
- Type II diabetes mellitus and the incidence of epithelial ovarian cancer in the cancer prevention study-II nutrition cohortSusan M Gapstur
Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street, NW Atlanta, GA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:2000-5. 2012..Despite consistent associations of type II diabetes mellitus with hormonally related cancers such as breast and endometrium, the relation between type II diabetes mellitus and ovarian cancer risk is unclear...
- Postmenopausal hormone use and breast cancer associations differ by hormone regimen and histologic subtypeEugenia E Calle
Department of Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Cancer 115:936-45. 2009..Data from large prospective studies are needed to fully characterize the impact of exogenous hormones on breast cancer incidence by type of hormone preparation and histology of the cancer...
- Postmenopausal unopposed estrogen and estrogen plus progestin use and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in the American Cancer Society Cancer Prevention Study-II CohortLauren R Teras
Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 54:720-5. 2013..These results suggest that postmenopausal hormones might play a role in NHL etiology, particularly for follicular lymphoma and DLBCL...
- Prospective studies of body mass index with head and neck cancer incidence and mortalityMia M Gaudet
Corresponding Author Mia M Gaudet, Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:497-503. 2012..Using prospectively collected data from the Cancer Prevention Study-II cohort and the Nutrition cohort, we examined the association of BMI with HNC mortality and incidence, overall and by smoking status...
- Prospective study reveals associations between colorectal cancer and type 2 diabetes mellitus or insulin use in menPeter T Campbell
Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, National Home Office, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
Gastroenterology 139:1138-46. 2010..Insulin use might also be associated with CRC risk. We investigated associations of type 2 DM and insulin use with CRC risk...