Affiliation: American Cancer Society
- Genetic risk variants associated with in situ breast cancerDaniele Campa
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 581, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 17:82. 2015..Family history of BC is considered one of the strongest risk factors for BCIS...
- Common germline polymorphisms associated with breast cancer-specific survivalAilith Pirie
Centre for Cancer Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, 2 Wort s Causeway, Cambridge, CB1 8RN, UK
Breast Cancer Res 17:58. 2015....
- Associations of Coffee Drinking and Cancer Mortality in the Cancer Prevention Study-IISusan M Gapstur
Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 26:1477-1486. 2017..b>Impact: These results underscore the importance of assessing associations between coffee consumption and cancer mortality by smoking status. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev; 26(10); 1477-86. ©2017 AACR...
- Work schedule, sleep duration, insomnia, and risk of fatal prostate cancerSusan M Gapstur
Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia Electronic address
Am J Prev Med 46:S26-33. 2014..However, evidence linking shift work and other circadian disruption factors to prostate cancer risk is limited...
- Evidence that women meeting physical activity guidelines do not sit less: an observational inclinometry studyLynette L Craft
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 9:122. 2012....
- Type II diabetes mellitus and the incidence of epithelial ovarian cancer in the cancer prevention study-II nutrition cohortSusan M Gapstur
Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street, NW Atlanta, GA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:2000-5. 2012..Despite consistent associations of type II diabetes mellitus with hormonally related cancers such as breast and endometrium, the relation between type II diabetes mellitus and ovarian cancer risk is unclear...
- Alcohol intake and the incidence of non-hodgkin lymphoid neoplasms in the cancer prevention study II nutrition cohortSusan M Gapstur
Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Am J Epidemiol 176:60-9. 2012..In this prospective study, current heavy alcohol intake was associated with a reduced risk of NHL. Associations did not differ by beverage type and were slightly stronger for B-cell tumors than for T-cell tumors...
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations and postmenopausal breast cancer risk: a nested case control study in the Cancer Prevention Study-II Nutrition CohortMarjorie L McCullough
Epidemiology Research, American Cancer Society, 240 Williams Street, Atlanta, GA 30303 1002, USA
Breast Cancer Res 11:R64. 2009..Vitamin D has been hypothesized to prevent breast cancer through genomic and non-genomic actions in cell-cycle regulation...
- Association of alcohol intake with pancreatic cancer mortality in never smokersSusan M Gapstur
Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 1002, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:444-51. 2011..Primary concerns include inconsistent results from underpowered studies, residual confounding by smoking, and the question of whether the association varies by type of alcoholic beverage...