Barry D Dickinson
Affiliation: American Medical Association
- Maldynia: pathophysiology and management of neuropathic and maladaptive pain--a report of the AMA Council on Science and Public HealthBarry D Dickinson
Council on Science and Public Health, American Medical Association, Chicago, Illinois 60654, USA
Pain Med 11:1635-53. 2010..The latter has been viewed as maladaptive because it may occur in the absence of ongoing noxious stimuli and does not promote healing and repair...
- Reducing the population burden of cardiovascular disease by reducing sodium intake: a report of the Council on Science and Public HealthBarry D Dickinson
American Medical Association, 515 N State St, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:1460-8. 2007..In the continued absence of voluntary measures adopted by the food industry, new regulations will be required to achieve lower sodium concentrations in processed and prepared foods...
- Gender verification of female Olympic athletesBarry D Dickinson
The Council on Scientific Affairs, American Medical Association, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 34:1539-42; discussion 1543. 2002....
- The promise and challenges of next-generation genome sequencing for clinical careKatherine A Johansen Taber
Department of Science and Biotechnology, American Medical Association, Chicago, Illinois
JAMA Intern Med 174:275-80. 2014..At present, although whole-genome or whole-exome sequencing show great promise, they should be incorporated into patient care only in limited clinical situations...
- The effects of high fructose syrupSuzen M Moeller
Medicine and Public Health Division, American Medical Association, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 28:619-26. 2009..Nevertheless, dietary advice to limit consumption of all added caloric sweeteners, including HFCS, is warranted...
- The urgent need to reduce sodium consumptionStephen Havas
American Medical Association, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
JAMA 298:1439-41. 2007
- Male breast cancer: risk factors, diagnosis, and management (Review)Katherine A Johansen Taber
American Medical Association, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
Oncol Rep 24:1115-20. 2010..Heightened awareness of the increased risk in certain men by both physicians and patients, and adherence to guidelines recommended for the surveillance of men at increased risk, may result in earlier detection...