Affiliation: American Cancer Society
- Cancer statistics for African Americans, 2013Carol DeSantis
Surveillance and Health Services Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 63:151-66. 2013..Overall, progress in reducing cancer death rates has been made, although more can and should be done to accelerate this progress through ensuring equitable access to cancer prevention, early detection, and state-of-the-art treatments...
- Breast cancer statistics, 2011Carol DeSantis
Epidemiologist, Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 61:409-18. 2011..Continued progress in the control of breast cancer will require sustained and increased efforts to provide high-quality screening, diagnosis, and treatment to all segments of the population...
- Breast cancer incidence rates in U.S. women are no longer decliningCarol DeSantis
Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:733-9. 2011..In addition, we present breast cancer incidence trends for NH black and Hispanic women and postmenopausal hormone use for all three racial/ethnic groups...
- Disparities in breast cancer prognostic factors by race, insurance status, and educationCarol DeSantis
Surveillance and Health Policy Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:1445-50. 2010..Extending health insurance coverage to all women is likely to have an effect on reducing racial disparities in the development of breast cancers with poor prognostic factors...
- Temporal trends in breast cancer mortality by state and raceCarol DeSantis
Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street, NW, Atlanta, GA, 30303, USA
Cancer Causes Control 19:537-45. 2008..To examine how temporal trends in age-standardized female breast cancer death rates vary by state and race...
- Cancer treatment and survivorship statistics, 2012Rebecca Siegel
Surveillance Information, Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 62:220-41. 2012....
- Association of insurance with cancer care utilization and outcomesElizabeth Ward
Department of Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 58:9-31. 2008....
- An overview of the cancer burden for primary care physiciansMichael Thun
Department of Epidemiology, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street, N W, Atlanta, GA 30303 1002, USA
Prim Care 36:439-54. 2009....
- US mortality rates for oral cavity and pharyngeal cancer by educational attainmentAmy Y Chen
American Cancer Society, National Home Office, 250 Williams Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:1094-9. 2011..To describe trends in mortality rates for patients with oral cavity and pharynx cancer by educational attainment, race/ethnicity, sex, and association with human papillomavirus infection...
- Global patterns of cancer incidence and mortality rates and trendsAhmedin Jemal
Surveillance and Health Policy Research Department, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30303 1002, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1893-907. 2010..In this review, we describe these changing global incidence and mortality patterns for select common cancers and the opportunities for cancer prevention in developing countries...