Kristin L Carman
Affiliation: American Institutes for Research
- Patient and family engagement: a framework for understanding the elements and developing interventions and policiesKristin L Carman
Health Program, American Institutes for Research, Washington, D C, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 32:223-31. 2013....
- Effectiveness of public deliberation methods for gathering input on issues in healthcare: Results from a randomized trialKristin L Carman
American Institutes for Research, 1000 Thomas Jefferson Street, NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 133:11-20. 2015..The four deliberative methods reflected important differences in implementation, including length of the deliberative process and mode of interaction. The project convened 76 groups between August and November 2012 in four U.S...
- Private sector unlikely to follow Medicare lead in providing health plan disenrollment comparisonsKristin L Carman
American Institutes for Research, 1000 Thomas Jefferson St, NW, Washington, DC 20007 3835, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Improv 28:115-26. 2002....
- Evidence that consumers are skeptical about evidence-based health careKristin L Carman
American Institutes for Research, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:1400-6. 2010..Most believed that more care meant higher-quality, better care. The gaps in knowledge and misconceptions point to serious challenges in engaging consumers in evidence-based decision making...
- Engaged patients will need comparative physician-level quality data and information about their out-of-pocket costsJill Mathews Yegian
Health Program, American Institutes for Research, San Mateo, California, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 32:328-37. 2013..State and federal policy thus should support all-payer claims databases, standards for electronic health records to facilitate sharing of quality data, and a unified approach to presenting information that prioritizes consumers' needs...