D B Buller
Affiliation: AMC Cancer Research Center
- Sun safety behaviours of alpine skiers and snowboarders in the western United StatesD B Buller
AMC Cancer Research Center, Denver, Colo, USA
Cancer Prev Control 2:133-9. 1998..Prevention programs should target the young, males, novices and snowboarders, and advocate protection throughout the season and during inclement weather...
- Skin cancer prevention for children: a critical reviewD B Buller
Center for Behavioral Research, AMC Cancer Research Center, Denver, CO 80214, USA
Health Educ Behav 26:317-43. 1999..There is no gold standard for measuring sun protection behavior, but self-report, prospective diaries, and observational techniques show small positive correlations...
- Randomized trial testing the effect of peer education at increasing fruit and vegetable intakeD B Buller
D B Buller, AMC Cancer Research Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:1491-500. 1999..In a randomized trial, peer education was tested for effectiveness at increasing fruit and vegetable intake among lower socioeconomic, multicultural labor and trades employees...
- Using language intensity to increase the success of a family intervention to protect children from ultraviolet radiation: predictions from language expectancy theoryD B Buller
Center for Health Communication, AMC Cancer Research Center, 1600 Pierce Street, Denver, Colorado, 80214, USA
Prev Med 30:103-13. 2000..From Language Expectancy Theory, it was predicted that messages with high language intensity would improve compliance with sun safety recommendations and that this effect would be enhanced with deductive argument style...
- Implementing a 5-a-day peer health educator program for public sector labor and trades employeesD Buller
AMC Cancer Research Center, Denver, Colorado 80214, USA
Health Educ Behav 27:232-40. 2000..This method can be used with employees who rely on informal sources and whose work presents barriers to wellness activities...
- Long-term effects of language intensity in preventive messages on planned family solar protectionD B Buller
Center for Health Communication, AMC Cancer Research Center, Denver, CO 80214, USA
Health Commun 12:261-75. 2000..Over the long term, high language intensity may reinforce decisions to take preventive action and does not appear to provoke psychological reactance or resistance to these highly directive messages...
- Formative research activities to provide Web-based nutrition education to adults in the Upper Rio Grande ValleyD B Buller
Center for Health Communication, AMC Cancer Research Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Fam Community Health 24:1-12. 2001....
- Understanding factors that influence smoking uptakeD B Buller
The Cooper Institute, 14023 Denver West Parkway, Suite 100, Golden, Denver, CO 80401, USA
Tob Control 12:IV16-25. 2003..To explore relationships between patterns of smoking uptake and social context and attitudinal variables...