- The comparative effectiveness of cognitive processing therapy for male veterans treated in a VHA posttraumatic stress disorder residential rehabilitation programJennifer Alvarez
Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 79:590-9. 2011....
- The relationship between child abuse and adult obesity among california womenJennifer Alvarez
Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:28-33. 2007....
- Lifetime interpersonal violence and self-reported chlamydia trachomatis diagnosis among California womenJennifer Alvarez
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94025, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:57-63. 2009..To examine the relationship between cumulative exposure to various types of interpersonal violence throughout the life span and self-reported history of Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) diagnosis in a population-based sample of California women...
- Unemployment among women: examining the relationship of physical and psychological intimate partner violence and posttraumatic stress disorderRachel Kimerling
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, National Center for PTSD PTSD 334, 795 Willow Road, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, CA 94025, USA
J Interpers Violence 24:450-63. 2009..22, 2.09) and psychological violence (AOR = 1.78; 95% CI = 1.36, 2.32), but not physical violence, were associated with unemployment. Implications for supported employment programs and workplace responses to IPV are discussed...
- Epidemiology and consequences of women's revictimizationRachel Kimerling
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Womens Health Issues 17:101-6. 2007..Revictimization is a methodologically distinct concept and is a potent risk factor for adult mental health problems. Prevention should target women exposed to both physical and sexual assault...
- Changes in facets of mindfulness and posttraumatic stress disorder treatment outcomeMatthew Tyler Boden
Center for Health Care Evaluation, Menlo Park, CA, USA VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94025, USA
Psychiatry Res 200:609-13. 2012..These results remained significant after adjusting for shared variance with length of treatment stay...
- Anxiety sensitivity and sleep quality: independent and interactive predictors of posttraumatic stress disorder symptomsKimberly A Babson
Center for Health Care Evaluation, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, CA, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:48-51. 2013..The veterans with good sleep quality and relatively lower levels of AS had the lowest level of PTSD symptoms, whereas the veterans with poor sleep quality and low AS evidenced severity of PTSD symptoms similar to those with high AS...
- Intimate partner violence and housing instabilityJoanne Pavao
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:143-6. 2007....
- "Stay connected": psychological services for retired firefighters after 11 September 2001Jennifer Alvarez
Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 22:49-54. 2007..These retirees were confronted with multiple challenges, including grief, trauma-related physical injuries and psychological distress, difficulties related to the transition of their roles, and deterioration of social support...
- Risk and resilience in canine search and rescue handlers after 9/11Jennifer Alvarez
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Trauma Stress 18:497-505. 2005..Future research should examine identified risk/resilience factors prospectively, and training and intervention should be designed accordingly...
- The interactive effects of emotional clarity and cognitive reappraisal in Posttraumatic Stress DisorderMatthew Tyler Boden
National Center for PTSD and Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, CA, USA
J Anxiety Disord 26:233-8. 2012..This is the first study to demonstrate interactive effects of emotional clarity and cognitive reappraisal...
- Patients' competence in and performance of cognitive therapy skills: relation to the reduction of relapse risk following treatment for depressionDaniel R Strunk
Department of Psychology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 75:523-30. 2007..Thus, CT coping skills and independent use of CT principles, but not overall satisfaction with oneself, appear to play an important role in relapse prevention...