Kristin W Samuelson
Affiliation: Alliant International University
- Neuropsychological functioning in posttraumatic stress disorder and alcohol abuseKristin W Samuelson
Mental Health Service, San Francisco Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Neuropsychology 20:716-26. 2006..By controlling for alcohol and depression, the authors can more conclusively demonstrate that verbal memory and attention differences are associated with PTSD...
- Longitudinal effects of PTSD on memory functioningKristin W Samuelson
Mental Health Service, San Francisco Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 15:853-61. 2009..Compared to veterans without PTSD, veterans with PTSD showed a greater decline in delayed facial recognition only, and this decline was extremely subtle...
- Relationships between maternal emotion regulation, parenting, and children's executive functioning in families exposed to intimate partner violenceKristin W Samuelson
Alliant International University, 1 Beach Street, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
J Interpers Violence 27:3532-50. 2012..In addition, they help to explain the mechanisms by which children exposed to IPV experience executive functioning deficits...
- Neuropsychological functioning in children with posttraumatic stress disorderKristin W Samuelson
California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Child Neuropsychol 16:119-33. 2010..Both groups performed in the below average range on measures of executive functioning, attention, and intellectual ability...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and declarative memory functioning: a reviewKristin W Samuelson
California School of Professional Psychology, Alliant International University, San Francisco, California, USA
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 13:346-51. 2011..Prospective and twin studies provide support for a risk factor model...
- Abnormal N-acetylaspartate in hippocampus and anterior cingulate in posttraumatic stress disorderNorbert Schuff
Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases, DVA Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Psychiatry Res 162:147-57. 2008..NAA appears to be a more sensitive marker for neuronal abnormality in PTSD than brain volume. The alteration in the anterior cingulate cortex in PTSD has implications for fear conditioning and extinction...
- No improvement of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms with guanfacine treatmentThomas C Neylan
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:2186-8. 2006..The authors report an 8-week, double-blind, randomized controlled trial of guanfacine versus placebo for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- The effects of respiratory sinus arrhythmia biofeedback on heart rate variability and posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms: a pilot studyTerri L Zucker
Alliant International University, San Diego, CA, USA
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 34:135-43. 2009..Overall, these results provide preliminary support for the efficacy of RSA biofeedback in improving physiological and psychological health for individuals with PTSD...