Mary Chester M Wasko
Affiliation: Allegheny General Hospital
- Propensity-adjusted association of methotrexate with overall survival in rheumatoid arthritisMary Chester M Wasko
West Penn Allegheny Health System, Allegheny Singer Research Institute, 4800 Friendship Avenue, North Tower, Suite 2600, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, USA
Arthritis Rheum 65:334-42. 2013..We undertook this study to examine the relationship between methotrexate (MTX) use and mortality in RA, after controlling for individual propensity scores for MTX use...
- Hydroxychloroquine and glycemia in women with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosusSara Kaprove Penn
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Nursing, 440 Victoria Street, Room 453B, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Rheumatol 37:1136-42. 2010....
- C-reactive protein and coronary artery calcium in asymptomatic women with systemic lupus erythematosus or rheumatoid arthritisAmy H Kao
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:755-60. 2008..The increased odds for CAC may in part result from higher levels of inflammation and endothelial activation in these patients...
- Association between C-reactive protein and depressive symptoms in women with rheumatoid arthritisCarissa A Low
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Biol Psychol 81:131-4. 2009..24). CRP was not significantly associated with negative mood symptoms of depression. Findings suggest that depression in the context of RA may result from the overlap of somatic depressive and RA symptoms rather than neuroimmune pathways...
- Do carotid artery diameters manifest early evidence of atherosclerosis in women with rheumatoid arthritis?Laura L Schott
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:21-9. 2009..We take a unique approach by evaluating lumen and interadventitial diameters in addition to intima-media thickness and plaque...
- Sleep quality and functional disability in patients with rheumatoid arthritisFaith S Luyster
University of Pittsburgh, Department of Psychiatry, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 7:49-55. 2011..Depression, pain severity, and fatigue were examined as separate mediators of the relationship between sleep quality and disability...
- Poor 1-year outcomes after percutaneous coronary interventions in systemic lupus erythematosus: report from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Dynamic RegistryKathleen Maksimowicz-McKinnon
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3500 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 1:201-8. 2008..Although percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is used frequently to treat coronary artery disease in SLE, little is known regarding PCI outcomes immediately after PCI and after discharge...
- Hydroxychloroquine and risk of diabetes in patients with rheumatoid arthritisMary Chester M Wasko
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
JAMA 298:187-93. 2007..Hydroxychloroquine, a commonly used antirheumatic medication, has hypoglycemic effects and may reduce the risk of diabetes mellitus...
- Physical activity measured by the SenseWear Armband in women with rheumatoid arthritisGustavo J M Almeida
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Pittsburgh, 6035 Forbes Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Phys Ther 91:1367-76. 2011..As the benefits of physical activity (PA) are well known, measuring PA accurately in this population is important...
- Rheumatoid arthritis and cardiovascular diseaseMary Chester M Wasko
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Pittsburgh, BST South 704, 3500 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 10:390-7. 2008....
- Subclinical coronary artery calcification and relationship to disease duration in women with rheumatoid arthritisAmy H Kao
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Rheumatol 35:61-9. 2008..To examine the association between disease duration of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and the presence and extent of coronary artery calcification (CAC) in women with RA...