Robert F Forman
Affiliation: Alkermes Inc
- The availability of web sites offering to sell opioid medications without prescriptionsRobert F Forman
Medical Affairs Alkermes, Inc, 88 Sidney St, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:1233-8. 2006..This study was designed to determine the availability of web sites offering to sell opioid medications without prescriptions...
- The Internet as a source of drugs of abuseRobert F Forman
Alkermes, 88 Sidney Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 8:377-82. 2006..The emergence of NPWs requires new law enforcement and public health initiatives; continued monitoring efforts will determine whether efforts to reduce the availability of NPWs are successful...
- Innovations: Alcohol & drug abuse: Narcotics on the net: the availability of Web sites selling controlled substancesRobert F Forman
Alkermes, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:24-6. 2006..Given the likely role of NPWs in increasing prescription drug abuse, health care professionals must develop and disseminate strategies for helping patients who are affected by these Web sites...
- Reduction in heavy drinking as a treatment outcome in alcohol dependenceDavid R Gastfriend
Alkermes, Cambridge, MA, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 33:71-80. 2007....
- Availability of opioids on the InternetRobert F Forman
JAMA 290:889. 2003
- Internet access to Salvia divinorum: implications for policy, prevention, and treatmentValerie Hoover
Treatment Research Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, 150 South Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 35:22-7. 2008..Consequently, there is little basis to contradict the many Web sites that encourage its use. Implications for drug policy, prevention, and treatment are discussed...
- Response: assessing the instrumentsJack D Blaine
Addict Sci Clin Pract 4:31-3. 2007
- Staff beliefs about drug abuse clinical trialsRobert F Forman
Treatment Research Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 23:55-60. 2002..A fourth of staff continued to believe patient payments were harmful, and 37% did not believe participation in a clinical trial would increase a patient's chances at recovery...
- Knowledge and use of the internet as a source of controlled substancesSusan M Gordon
Seabrook House, P O Box 5055, Seabrook, NJ 08302, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 30:271-4. 2006..The results of this preliminary study suggest that the internet has become a source of controlled substances for some addicted individuals. Considerations for future research and clinical practice are described...
- Do patient characteristics and initial progress in treatment moderate the effectiveness of telephone-based continuing care for substance use disorders?James R McKay
University of Pennsylvania, Treatment Research Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Addiction 100:216-26. 2005..To determine whether substance use severity, psychiatric severity, social support, self-help attendance or motivation moderated substance use outcomes in a telephone-based continuing care intervention...
- Selection of a substance use disorder diagnostic instrument by the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials NetworkRobert F Forman
Treatment Research Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 27:1-8. 2004..Implications for practice/research collaboration and initiatives are explored...
- The availability and portrayal of stimulants over the InternetTy S Schepis
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06519, USA
J Adolesc Health 42:458-65. 2008..To quantify the online availability and portrayal of amphetamine-class prescription stimulants with a focus on those medications commonly prescribed to and abused by adolescents...