Reginald L Dean
Affiliation: Alkermes Inc
- The preclinical development of Medisorb Naltrexone, a once a month long acting injection, for the treatment of alcohol dependenceReginald L Dean
Department of Life Sciences, Alkermes, Inc, 88 Sidney Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Front Biosci 10:643-55. 2005..Both naltrexone and the PLG polymer matrix in which it is encapsulated are well tolerated. Clinical trials of Vivitrex are currently ongoing in alcohol dependent patients...
- Overriding the blockade of antinociceptive actions of opioids in rats treated with extended-release naltrexoneReginald L Dean
Department of Life Sciences and Toxicology, Alkermes, Inc, 88 Sidney St, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 89:515-22. 2008..Thus, opioid receptor blockade with XR-NTX can be overcome in rats with higher doses of opioids without further affecting respiration or locomotor activity...
- Effects of oral loperamide on efficacy of naltrexone, baclofen and AM-251 in blocking ethanol self-administration in ratsReginald L Dean
Life Sciences and Toxicology, Alkermes, Inc, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 100:530-7. 2012..These data suggest an important role for opioid receptors within the GIT in modulating central reward pathways and may provide new insights into strategies for treating reward disorders, including drug dependency...
- Route of administration affects the ability of naltrexone to reduce amphetamine-potentiated brain stimulation reward in ratsMark S Todtenkopf
Department of Life Sciences and Toxicology, Alkermes, Inc, USA
Addict Biol 14:408-18. 2009..In summary, an extended-release formulation of naltrexone results in significant attenuation of psychostimulant-enhanced BSR that is not observed with acute naltrexone...
- Vivitrex, an injectable, extended-release formulation of naltrexone, provides pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evidence of efficacy for 1 month in ratsRaymond T Bartus
Alkermes, Inc, Cambridge, MA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:1973-82. 2003..Clinical trials of extended release naltrexone for treating alcohol and opiate dependency are currently ongoing...
- Pharmaceutical treatment for cognitive deficits in Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative conditions: exploring new territory using traditional tools and established mapsRaymond T Bartus
Ceregene, Inc, 9381 Judicial Dr, Suite 130, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 202:15-36. 2009..This effort produced several notable findings that eventually received consensus support, which we have been asked to review...
- Sustained release chemotherapeutic microspheres provide superior efficacy over systemic therapy and local bolus infusionsDwaine F Emerich
Alkermes, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Pharm Res 19:1052-60. 2002..However, attention must be paid to the placement of the microspheres, for injections around the tumor perimeter may be required for efficacy...