Affiliation: Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- Integrated wall stress: a new methodological approach to assess ventricular workload and myocardial contractile reserveHailong Dong
Nemours Cardiac Center and Nemours Biomedical Research, Alfred I, duPont Hospital for Children, 1600 Rockland Rd, Wilmington, DE 19103, USA
J Transl Med 11:183. 2013..We measured cumulative LV wall stress throughout the cardiac cycle over unit time and tested whether this "integrated wall stress (IWS)" would provide a reliable marker of total ventricular workload...
- Loss of fibulin-2 protects against progressive ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarctionTakeshi Tsuda
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:273-82. 2012....
- Fibulin-2 is dispensable for mouse development and elastic fiber formationFrancois Xavier Sicot
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, 233 South 10th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:1061-7. 2008..The results demonstrate that fibulin-2 is not required for mouse development and elastic fiber formation and suggest possible functional redundancy between fibulin-1 and fibulin-2...
- Post-ischemic myocardial fibrosis occurs independent of hemodynamic changesTakeshi Tsuda
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Cardiovasc Res 59:926-33. 2003..Myocardial fibrosis is a major component of ventricular remodeling after large myocardial infarction (MI). The present study tests the hypothesis that post-ischemic myocardial fibrosis can occur independent of hemodynamic changes...
- Zinc finger protein Zac1 is expressed in chondrogenic sites of the mouseTakeshi Tsuda
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dev Dyn 229:340-8. 2004..Together, these results suggest that Zac1 is a potential regulatory gene involved in chondrogenic differentiation...
- Quantification of active and total transforming growth factor-β levels in serum and solid organ tissues by bioassayShaukat A Khan
Nemours Biomedical Research, Alfred I, duPont Hospital for Children, 1600 Rockland Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803, USA
BMC Res Notes 5:636. 2012..Here, we introduced mink lung epithelial cell bioassay to quantify both active and total TGF-β levels in serum and protein lysates from solid organs in the mouse model...
- Fibulins in development and heritable diseaseMon Li Chu
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 72:25-36. 2004..In this review, we discuss the role of fibulins in development, with an emphasis on the cardiovascular system, and their involvement in human genetic disease...
- Gene expression profile of bioreactor-cultured cardiac cells: activation of morphogenetic pathways for tissue engineeringRobert E Akins
Nemours Biomedical Research, A I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware19803, USA
DNA Cell Biol 26:425-34. 2007..These results suggest that 3D aggregate culture of NRHCs in bioreactors is associated with the differential expression of morphogenic and angiogenic pathways similar to those seen during cardiac development...
- [Assessment by logistic model of hemodynamic changes during general anesthesia]Ju Mizuno
Molecular Cardiology Laboratory, Nemours Biomedical Research, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19803, USA
Masui 57:341-51. 2008..The logistic parameters are useful for assessing the hemodynamic response during general anesthesia. The assessment method of the hemodynamic change using the logistic model contributes much to the management of anesthesia...