Affiliation: Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- Acute changes in blood glucose do not alter blood glutathione synthesis in adolescents with poorly controlled type 1 diabetes mellitusDominique Darmaun
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Metabolism 61:373-8. 2012..This finding suggests that, in adolescents with poorly controlled T1D, either (a) blood glucose per se does not regulate GSH metabolism or (b) GSH may only respond to sustained, more chronic changes in blood glucose level...
- Poorly controlled type 1 diabetes is associated with altered glutathione homeostasis in adolescents: apparent resistance to N-acetylcysteine supplementationDominique Darmaun
Endocrine Research, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 9:577-82. 2008..In the presence of relative insulinopenia, either higher amino acid doses or aggressive insulin therapy may be needed to achieve this goal. This would require further study...
- Effects of glutamine and recombinant human growth hormone on protein metabolism in prepubertal children with cystic fibrosisDominique Darmaun
Division of Endocrinology, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1146-52. 2004....
- Evidence for accelerated rates of glutathione utilization and glutathione depletion in adolescents with poorly controlled type 1 diabetesDominique Darmaun
Nemours Children s Clinic, Research Department, 5 North, 807 Children s Way, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Diabetes 54:190-6. 2005..This weakened antioxidant defense may play a role in the pathogenesis of diabetes complications...
- Effects of glutamine on glycemic control during and after exercise in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a pilot studyNelly Mauras
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Diabetes Care 33:1951-3. 2010..To investigate if oral glutamine ameliorates exercise and postexercise nighttime hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetic adolescents...
- Evidence for hypermetabolism in boys with constitutional delay of growth and maturationJoan C Han
Division of Endocrinology, Nemours Children s Clinic Jacksonville, 807 Children s Way, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2081-6. 2006..Children with constitutional delay of growth and maturation (CDGM) tend to be thin and have a growth pattern reminiscent of nutritional insufficiency...
- Oxandrolone enhances skeletal muscle myosin synthesis and alters global gene expression profile in Duchenne muscular dystrophyPrabhakaran Balagopal
Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E530-9. 2006....
- Acute depletion of plasma glutamine increases leucine oxidation in prednisone-treated humansOlivier Le Bacquer
INSERM U 539, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, Nantes, France
Clin Nutr 26:231-8. 2007....
- Alterations in glutamine synthetase activity in rat skeletal muscle are associated with advanced ageCarole Pinel
UMR INRA 1019, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, Human Nutrition Research Center, Clermont Ferrand Theix, France
Nutrition 22:778-85. 2006..Because the effects of advanced age on GS are unknown, we investigated the effect of advanced age (>24 mo) on GS activity in skeletal muscle. We hypothesized that advanced age would enhance muscle GS activity...
- Use of stable isotopes to assess protein and amino acid metabolism in children and adolescents: a brief reviewDominique Darmaun
INSERM U539, Human Nutrition Research Center, Nantes, France
Horm Res 64:32-7. 2005..Attempts have also been made to measure amino acid/protein metabolism in selected body compartments, and to measure the kinetics of specific tissue proteins, for example, muscle, gut, or plasma proteins...
- Does enteral glutamine modulate whole-body leucine kinetics in hypercatabolic dogs in a fed state?Bernard Humbert
INSERM U 539, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, Hotel Dieu, 3ème Etage Aile Nord, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Metabolism 51:628-35. 2002..We conclude that, in hypercatabolic adult dogs in the fed state, enteral glutamine supplementation acutely decreases leucine oxidation and improves net leucine balance, and may thus preserve body protein...
- Does acute glutamine depletion enhance the response of glutamine synthesis to fasting in muscle in adult and old rats?Dominique Meynial-Denis
Human Nutrition Research Center at Clermont Ferrand, and Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Nutrition and Protein Metabolism Unit, Theix, 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Clin Nutr 24:398-406. 2005....
- Effect of glutamine on glutathione kinetics in vivo in dogsBernard Humbert
INSERM U 539, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, Nantes, 44093 cedex 1, France
J Nutr Biochem 18:10-6. 2007....
- Glutamine metabolism in Crohn's disease: a stable isotope studyArnaud Bourreille
INSERM U 539, Human Nutrition Research Center, Hotel Dieu Hospital, 2ème étage aile nord, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Clin Nutr 23:1167-75. 2004..5 hrs. None of the patients was receiving any nutritional supplement or antiinflammatory drug. All were in remission (Crohn's disease activity index < 150) and in a near-normal nutritional status...
- Glutamine preserves protein synthesis and paracellular permeability in Caco-2 cells submitted to "luminal fasting"Olivier Le Bacquer
INSERM U 539, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine Groupe Métabolisme, Hotel Dieu, 3ème Etage Aile Nord, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G128-36. 2003....
- Manipulation of citrulline availability in humansCarole Rouge
UMR 1280, Physiologie des Adaptations Nutritionnelles, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Nantes Cedex 1, France
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G1061-7. 2007....
- Corticosteroids increase glutamine utilization in human splanchnic bedRonan Thibault
INRA, UMR 1280, Physiologie des Adaptations Nutritionnelles, Universite de Nantes, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G548-53. 2008..The role of such changes in patients receiving chronic corticoid treatment for inflammatory diseases or suffering from severe illness remains to be determined...
- Dietary protein level affects protein metabolism during the postabsorptive state in dogsBernard Humbert
Laboratory of Nutrition and Endocrinology, National Veterinary School of Nantes and INSERM U 539, Human Nutrition Research Center, Nantes, France
J Nutr 132:1676S-8S. 2002
- Acute effects of intravenous glutamine supplementation on protein metabolism in very low birth weight infants: a stable isotope studyClotilde des Robert
Service de Néonatologie et Réanimation Pédiatrique, Hôpital Mère et Enfant, CHU de Nantes, INSERM U 539, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, France
Pediatr Res 51:87-93. 2002....