Julia Spencer Barthold
Affiliation: Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- Reduced expression of androgen receptor and myosin heavy chain mRNA in cremaster muscle of boys with nonsyndromic cryptorchidismJulia Spencer Barthold
Surgery Urology and Nemours Biomedical Research, AI duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19803, USA
J Urol 188:1411-6. 2012..To better define the developmental mechanisms of nonsyndromic cryptorchidism, we measured the expression of hormone receptor and muscle type specific mRNAs in target tissues of boys with and those without nonsyndromic cryptorchidism...
- Altered infant feeding patterns in boys with acquired nonsyndromic cryptorchidismJulia Spencer Barthold
Division of Urology, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware Nemours Biomedical Research, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 94:900-7. 2012..We compared cases and controls to define differential risk factors for congenital versus acquired cryptorchidism...
- Disorders of sex differentiation: a pediatric urologist's perspective of new terminology and recommendationsJulia Spencer Barthold
Division of Urology, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19803, USA
J Urol 185:393-400. 2011..This review summarizes, analyzes and considers the implications of these recommendations in pediatric urology practice...
- Altered expression of muscle- and cytoskeleton-related genes in a rat strain with inherited cryptorchidismJulia S Barthold
Nemours Biomedical Research and Division of Urology, A I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19803, USA
J Androl 29:352-66. 2008..These data suggest that the orl mutation results in a primary gubernacular defect that affects muscle development and cytoskeletal function and might alter androgen-regulated pathways...
- Undescended testis: current theories of etiologyJulia S Barthold
Division of Urology, Nemours A I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19803, USA
Curr Opin Urol 18:395-400. 2008..This review will focus on factors that may contribute to the etiology of this common and complex disease...
- Iatrogenic ureteral injury after laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a 13-year-old boyJob K Chacko
A I duPont Hospital for Children, 1600 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE 19803, USA
J Pediatr Urol 4:322-4. 2008..The patient presented with one episode of gross hematuria after surgery. He was treated with ureteral stent drainage and did well with no long-term sequelae...
- Genetic and environmental contributors to cryptorchidismJob K Chacko
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, Nemours, A I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE 19803, USA
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 6:476-80. 2009..Potential factors that may contribute to the etiology of cryptorchidism are discussed...
- The epidemiology of congenital cryptorchidism, testicular ascent and orchiopexyJulia Spencer Barthold
Division of Urology, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
J Urol 170:2396-401. 2003....
- Failure of shortening and inversion of the perinatal gubernaculum in the cryptorchid long-evans orl ratJulia S Barthold
Urology Research Laboratory, A I duPont Hospital for Children Nemours Children s Clinic, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
J Urol 176:1612-7. 2006..We studied testicular descent and mRNA expression of insulin-like 3 and leucine rich G protein coupled receptor in Long-Evans orl and Long-Evans wild-type rats during perinatal development...
- Reproductive hormone levels in infants with cryptorchidism during postnatal activation of the pituitary-testicular axisJulia S Barthold
Surgery Urology, Nemours Children s Clinic and A I DuPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
J Urol 172:1736-41; discussion 1741. 2004..To better characterize this phenomenon, we studied a range of hormones that normally increase in boys during the first few months of life...
- The orl rat with inherited cryptorchidism has increased susceptibility to the testicular effects of in utero dibutyl phthalate exposureKamin J Johnson
Nemours Biomedical Research, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19803, USA
Toxicol Sci 105:360-7. 2008....
- Cryptorchidism: pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment and prognosisRichard A Ashley
Nemours Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Division of Pediatric Urology, Wilmington, DE 19803 3607, USA
Urol Clin North Am 37:183-93. 2010..A laparoscopic approach is preferred for abdominal testes. Early surgical therapy may reduce the risk of subfertility and/or malignancy...
- Comparison of laparoscopic and open partial nephrectomy for duplication anomalies in childrenLisandro Piaggio
Division of Urology, A I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19806, USA
J Urol 175:2269-73. 2006..We compared the outcome of laparoscopic vs open PN for duplication anomalies at our institution...
- Genetic Basis of CryptorchidismJulia Spencer Barthold; Fiscal Year: 2010....