Lyndsay Ammon Avalos
Affiliation: Alcohol Research Group
- Gender differences in the relationship of community services and informal support to seven-year drinking trajectories of alcohol-dependent and problem drinkersLyndsay Ammon
Alcohol Research Group, 6475 Christie Avenue, Suite 400, Emeryville, California 94608, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:140-50. 2008..The purpose of this study was to examine how community service contacts and informal support are related to the course of drinking for dependent and problem-drinking persons in a population-based sample of women versus men over 7 years...
- Adolescents in private chemical dependency programs: who are most at risk for HIV?Lyndsay Ammon
Alcohol Research Group, Berkeley, CA 94709, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 29:39-45. 2005..Those most likely to report multiple risk behaviors were heavy drinking boys, as well as girls who reported using narcotic analgesics. Implications of these findings for pediatricians and CD clinicians are discussed...
- Does lack of multinutrient supplementation during early pregnancy increase vulnerability to alcohol-related preterm or small-for-gestational-age births?Lyndsay Ammon Avalos
Alcohol Research Group, 6475 Christie Ave, Suite 400, Emeryville, CA 94608, USA
Matern Child Health J 15:1324-32. 2011..However, future research needs to be conducted...
- Stress, substance use and sexual risk behaviors among primary care patients in Cape Town, South AfricaLyndsay Ammon Avalos
Alcohol Research Group, 6475 Christie Ave Ste 400, Emeryville, CA 94603, USA
AIDS Behav 14:359-70. 2010..Additionally, it is important to address a broad scope of social problems and incorporate stress and substance use in HIV prevention campaigns...
- Alcoholics anonymous careers: patterns of AA involvement five years after treatment entryLee Ann Kaskutas
Alcohol Research Group, 2000 Hearst Avenue, Suite 300, Berkeley, CA 94709 2176, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:1983-90. 2005....
- Formal and informal substance use treatment utilization and alcohol abstinence over seven years: is the relationship different for blacks and whites?Lyndsay Ammon Avalos
Alcohol Research Group, 6475 Christie Ave, Ste 400, Emeryville, CA 94608, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 121:73-80. 2012..This study examines whether the effects of formal substance use treatment utilization and Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) on 30-day abstinence vary for black versus white Americans...
- 7-year trajectories of Alcoholics Anonymous attendance and associations with treatmentLee Ann Kaskutas
Alcohol Research Group, Public Health Institute, USA
Addict Behav 34:1029-35. 2009..001). Considering AA patterns over time highlights a different role for treatment in AA attendance than what is gleaned from analyses at single timepoints...
- Understanding results from randomized trials: use of program- and client-level data to study medical and nonmedical treatment programsLee Ann Kaskutas
Alcohol Research Group, Berkeley, California 94709, USA
J Stud Alcohol 66:682-7. 2005..Using both approaches, this article strives to better understand inconsistent results from a trial comparing medical and nonmedical group-format day treatment...
- Social environmental influences on the development and resolution of alcohol problemsBarbara S McCrady
Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:688-99. 2006..Kaskutas), and the influence of the occupational environment (Dr. Ames). Dr. Longabaugh, the symposium discussant, addressed models for understanding the relationships between social influences and drinking problems...
- Does marital status predict long-term drinking? Five-year observations of dependent and problem drinkersHelen Matzger
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Stud Alcohol 65:255-65. 2004..This longitudinal analysis examines marital status with other individual predisposing, problem severity and social predisposing characteristics to understand its strength in predicting alcohol consumption over 5 years...